Neue Testversion 18.40b5

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Neue Testversion 18.40b5

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:PhotoLine uses the fill mode of the top layer as fill mode for the whole clipping group.
Thanks for the clarification. I was under a false impression because there seems to be a redraw problem here, too – if you change the fill mode of the top layer, only that layer will be redrawn, not the layers below.
Yes, I will fix that, too.
bkh hat geschrieben:So if I understand things correctly, then as a clipping layer/layer mask, a text layer will behave just like a vector layer with nonzero winding number fill mode (and will be converted to a vector layer upon PDF export).
A text layer will behave just like a vector layer with nonzero winding number fill mode in PhotoLine.
If you are just clipping with a single text layer, the PDF export will export the clipping as text. If the text layer is combined with a vector layer in a clipping group, the result will be a vector layer.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

bkh hat geschrieben:Ich hatte jetzt gerade zum zweiten Mal den Effekt, dass PL plötzlich nicht mehr auf Maus- oder Tastatureingaben in Fenstern und Panels reagiert. Die Menüs konnte ich allerdings noch mit der Maus bedienen (Tastaturshortcuts gingen auch nicht mehr). Wie ich da "hineingeraten" bin, weiß ich leider nicht, und leider bin ich mir nicht mehr sicher, mit welcher Beta das zum ersten Mal passiert ist, das ist schon ein paar Tage her.
Wenn sowas passiert, "hängt" üblicherweise irgendeine Mauseingabe.
bkh hat geschrieben:Ist sonst jemandem so etwas schon einmal aufgefallen? (OS X 10.9.1, PL 64 bit).
Bisher nicht, aber ich bin auch noch immer überwiegend unter 10.8.
bkh hat geschrieben:Gibt es irgendwas, das ich zur Diagnose machen kann, wenn mir das nochmal passiert?
Du kannst in der Aktivitätsanzeige die Prozessnummer (PID) von PhotoLine feststellen. Wenn du dann im Terminal "kill -SEGV PID" eingibst, sollte PhotoLine beendet und ein Crashreport generiert werden (bei meinem Versuch gerade eben hat 's geklappt). Vielleicht können wir aus dem Crashreport was rauslesen.

Martin
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 SP1;
PL 18.40b5

Inconsistent text re-size behavior using scrolling.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a text object.
2. Highlight (select) that text.
3. Use the Tool Settings Panel for the text tool -- highlight the font size box and use the up/down scroll function to change the size. The font size will be continuously changed by one unit at a time, which is the expected behavior.
4. Use the font size box in the Toolbar -- scrolling will change the font size only in the pre-defined steps. In other words, 48px, 72px, 128px.

Note: this is using the scrolling area of the computer's touchpad, not using a mouse.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

Noch zu den Bild Platzhaltern: Speichert Ihr mit dem Platzhalter noch mind. 3 Fliesskomma werte x,y,z? Wenn ja, dann wäre es später einmal relativ leicht einen Zoomwert und eine Ausschnittsverschiebung einzustellen, auch wenn man dies jetzt noch nicht einbaut. (Z = Zoomwert aus der Mitte, 0=Default, X,Y ist die Verschiebung, nicht in Pixel sondern relativ zur tatsächlichen Grösse, also im Bereich -1 .. +1. Wenn Z<>0 könnte das Bild immer in der Box zentriert werden, unabhängig von der Grösse. (Wie Platzhalter in der Praxis eingesetzt werden können, kann man sehr gut am dem Fotobuchprogramm von www.saal-digital.de sehen, die haben das meiner Meinung nach beste Fotobuch Programm.)
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

I have noticed that now when a new adjustment layer is created, this new one "remember" the settings of a previous layer adjustment and is not "reseted" one.

Practical example:
- Make a new picture
- Make a Curves layer adjustment and mess with the values (no matter what)
- Close PL (no need to save the file)
- Open PL
- Make a new picture
- Make a new Curves adjustment layer, now you will see that the previous settings are remembered for this new one.

Cheers,
Juan
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Now that more and more users are working on large screens with higher resolutions (myself too) I noticed that the 6400% zoom limitation is sometimes too low to really zoom into detail.

Small request: could the max zoom level be increased to 16000% or more? I recall that Freehand could zoom in at a max level of 25000%, which was very handy to work on details. With the larger high res screens this will be important, I think.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Juan hat geschrieben:I have noticed that now when a new adjustment layer is created, this new one "remember" the settings of a previous layer adjustment and is not "reseted" one.
Yes, there was a request in the international forum (http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4061). No one contradicted and I thought it might be useful, so here it is.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:2) Add a line of text, and create a new vector object. Duplicate the vector object as a virtual layer, and cut the virtual layer. Place the text cursor in the line of text, and paste the vector object in the line of text. Now switch to the original vector layer, and change it with the object settings or the vector tool. Result: the pasted virtual version disappears in the line of text.
It works fine here, though the virtual copy will disappear, if it becomes to large to fit into the text layer.
I tested this again, and there really is something odd going on - while using the vector tool to make changes to the source layer, at some point it disappears, but I cannot get it to display after that. And the source is lost: the thumbnail is tiny, and choosing "show source layer" does not work. It is an empty virtual copy - no contents!
Yes, if you are embedding a virtual layer in a text layer, there are situations, where it can lose its source layer. It will examine that.

Martin
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Juan hat geschrieben:I have noticed that now when a new adjustment layer is created, this new one "remember" the settings of a previous layer adjustment and is not "reseted" one.
Yes, there was a request in the international forum (http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4061). No one contradicted and I thought it might be useful, so here it is.

Martin
I have missed that topic, if not I´ll have give my point of view :)
Anyway here is what I think: Not sure "from my side" if this is really useful since PL offers duplicate layer. Sometimes if for example on HUE-Saturation you change only a little of the "red" value, so when you make a new Hue adjustment layer it shows "All" and not the red one so you can get wrong result since maybe the user don´t remember where is that change, so could lead to break the workflow. That´s why there is the presets field. Just my very honest opinion :)

Cheers
Juan
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Juan hat geschrieben:Not sure "from my side" if this is really useful since PL offers duplicate layer. Sometimes if for example on HUE-Saturation you change only a little of the "red" value, so when you make a new Hue adjustment layer it shows "All" and not the red one so you can get wrong result since maybe the user don´t remember where is that change, so could lead to break the workflow. That´s why there is the presets field.
Having tried the new feature for a few days now, I tend to agree. In most cases, the previous adjustment isn't what I need, and I find myself pressing "Reset" most of the times before starting with anything else.

Otoh, there are cases when one wants to re-apply a previous setting. Copying an adjustment layer isn't a convenient solution when the document size differs, and saving a preset isn't very quick, either. What about one of the follwing:
  • Alt-Reset restores the previous settings (plus a corresponding context menu entry in the adjustment layer panel)
  • an automatic "Previous Settings" item in the Presets list
  • a "copy adjustemnts/paste adjustments" context menu entry in the adjustment layer panel (maybe just one for the entire series of adjustments)
Thinking of it, keeping a dedicated preset ("Copy and Paste", say) for that purpose might be a good workaround – just update it when you need to copy a preset. Much quicker than creating a preset and remembering to get rid of it later on.

Cheers

Burkhard.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Creating an adjustment layer preset for a layer without adjustments crashes PL (current beta, OS X 10.9.1).

Cheers

Burkhard.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

bkh hat geschrieben:an automatic "Previous Settings" item in the Presets list
For me this is an excellent idea.

Cheers,
Juan
laienspieler
Mitglied

Beitrag von laienspieler »

Juan hat geschrieben:

Cheers,
Juan
Ich bin dafür.
Ralf
Mitglied

Beitrag von Ralf »

laienspieler hat geschrieben:
Juan hat geschrieben:
Cheers,
Juan
Ich bin dafür.
+1
Ralf
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

I think it is an excellent feature that the previous setting is remembered. It also works consistently with the other, i.e. vector tools. Since there is a "Reset" button, what's the problem? This feature makes it easy to apply the same (or similar) adjustments to different images (in different windows). Unfortunately the setting is only remembered for "create adjustment layer". It should also be remembered for "change adjustment layer" - which is the tool to convert a mask image to an adjustment layer.