Neue Testversion 18.40b5

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Neue Testversion 18.40b5

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Nur eine unausgereifte Idee zwischendurch:

Auswahlen und Ebenen kann man ja von Natur aus skalieren, drehen, scheren, perspektivisch verzerren...
Machen da vielleicht noch Kissen/Tonnenartige Verzerrungen Sinn? Quasi eine vereinfachte Variante des Verzerren-Werkzeuges, bei dem man nur die 4 Punkte in mitten der Linien nach innen oder außen verschieben kann?

Ist für Ebenen durch das Verzerr-Werkzeug sicher obsolet, aber vielleicht was für Auswahlen zum Geraderichten.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small bug regarding selection of text boxes.

Check the attached file. Try to select the third box - the second box is selected instead. Clicking one more time does select the third box.

The layer stack order impacts the selection order for some reason: moving the third text box down in the layer stack resolves the issue.

*edit* One more issue identified: I tried selecting all the text boxes or a bunch of them by dragging a marquee around them with the layer tool, and it will not select them. Only one sometimes.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small bug(?) regarding colour selection for the stroke: I create an object, and set a fill colour with the colors list. Then I press <SHIFT> and click one of the other colours to pick the stroke colour. Result: all the colours between those two are selected.

Perhaps changing the shortcut key to <alt> click for picking the stroke colour would solve this?
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I just noticed you guys implemented the downsample algorithms for CatmulRom, MitchellNetravali, and CubicSpline in the scale dialogues!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now Photoline offers the best quality scaling for just about any situation.

Why didn't you add this to the list of implemented features? It's a real major improvement for screen designers!

Anyway, thanks so much. I've already made use of this in my work today!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Check the attached file. Try to select the third box - the second box is selected instead. Clicking one more time does select the third box.
(…)
*edit* One more issue identified: I tried selecting all the text boxes or a bunch of them by dragging a marquee around them with the layer tool, and it will not select them. Only one sometimes.
This should be fixed in the next beta.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Small bug(?) regarding colour selection for the stroke: I create an object, and set a fill colour with the colors list. Then I press <SHIFT> and click one of the other colours to pick the stroke colour. Result: all the colours between those two are selected.

Perhaps changing the shortcut key to <alt> click for picking the stroke colour would solve this?
Alt conflicts with the quick-access of the color picker, which is Alt, too. So if you are quick-accessing the color picker, you will no longer be able to pick the background color.

Martin
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Small bug: in the guides panel, when I lock the guides, no checkmark is display in front of "locked". The guides do become locked, though.

After that, I cannot unlock the guides. Only by adding a new guide do the guides become unlocked.

Also, after locking the guides, they get in the way of selecting objects: with many guides (for example a grid system) this becomes very annoying. Better would be to ignore the guides completely when they are locked by the user. To select a locked guide, perhaps a modifier key could be used?

Another small request for placeholder layers: it would be very useful if we could somehow place placeholder layers with the Simple Browse panel. Maybe by holding down <ALT> while dragging images to the canvas?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Small bug: in the guides panel, when I lock the guides, no checkmark is display in front of "locked". The guides do become locked, though.
After that, I cannot unlock the guides. Only by adding a new guide do the guides become unlocked.
guides.png
Just to be sure that we are talking about the same switch, the red one.
This works fine here.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Also, after locking the guides, they get in the way of selecting objects: with many guides (for example a grid system) this becomes very annoying. Better would be to ignore the guides completely when they are locked by the user. To select a locked guide, perhaps a modifier key could be used?
there are so many modifiers for the Layer Tool, this will be not possible. Just hide the guides if you have problems selecting your layers.

Gerhard
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Kollege ist grad angefixt, normale offizielle Version. Ich melde mal, was ihm so auf die Schnelle auffällt. Da sind sicher auch bekannte Sachen mit bei.
-Hilfsliniendialog: Nach dem Einstellen einer Hilfslinie war die Frage, ob man da jetzt OK klicken muß oder wie oder was. Die eingestellte Hilfslinie wurde halt nicht direkt im Bild sichtbar.
-Was ist der Unterschied zwischen "Formen" und "Umrissen"?
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Hoogo hat geschrieben:-Hilfsliniendialog: Nach dem Einstellen einer Hilfslinie war die Frage, ob man da jetzt OK klicken muß oder wie oder was. Die eingestellte Hilfslinie wurde halt nicht direkt im Bild sichtbar.
:shock: Ich sehe da kein "OK", was will er klicken? Er muss einfach nur die Eingabe der Position beenden, das geht durch Mausklick irgendwo hin, durch Return, durch Tab und bestimmt auch noch diverse andere Möglichkeiten.
Hoogo hat geschrieben:-Was ist der Unterschied zwischen "Formen" und "Umrissen"?
Umrisse sind Vektorpfade. Formen sind Pfade mit Füll- und Linienfarbe.

Gerhard
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Small bug: in the guides panel, when I lock the guides, no checkmark is display in front of "locked". The guides do become locked, though.
guides.png
Just to be sure that we are talking about the same switch, the red one.
This works fine here.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Also, after locking the guides, they get in the way of selecting objects: with many guides (for example a grid system) this becomes very annoying. Better would be to ignore the guides completely when they are locked by the user. To select a locked guide, perhaps a modifier key could be used?
there are so many modifiers for the Layer Tool, this will be not possible. Just hide the guides if you have problems selecting your layers.

Gerhard
Yes, I was talking about that same switch - it does not work for me. When I click on that switch the guide panel flickers, but nothing changes. Perhaps it's due to the file, so I am sending you my grid:
http://www.estructor.biz/testje/Gridv2.pld

As for the guides getting in the way, please check my grid file as well, and try selecting the boxes - it is very, very difficult due to the fact that the layer tool is blocked by the locked guides. I think the whole point of guides is to be able to set up grids like these, and when they are locked they should be unselectable - hiding the guides sort of defeats the purpose of guides, because a designer wants those guides to be visible when dragging objects and aligning them to those same guides! That would be very strange indeed. And comparing to other applications, Photoline is the only design application out there that has guides that prevent selection of objects when they are locked.

A simple solution would be to ignore locked guides completely when working with the layer tool. Selecting guides actually only makes sense when they are unlocked, I think.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben::shock: Ich sehe da kein "OK", was will er klicken? Er muss einfach nur die Eingabe der Position beenden, das geht durch Mausklick irgendwo hin, durch Return, durch Tab und bestimmt auch noch diverse andere Möglichkeiten.
Die eingestellte Hilfslinie wurde erst sichtbar, nachdem ich eine weitere auf dem herkömmlichen Wege, durch Drag&Drop aus dem Lineal, erzeugt habe. Dadurch war der Dialog etwas unverständlich.
----------------
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Hoogo hat geschrieben:
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben::shock: Ich sehe da kein "OK", was will er klicken? Er muss einfach nur die Eingabe der Position beenden, das geht durch Mausklick irgendwo hin, durch Return, durch Tab und bestimmt auch noch diverse andere Möglichkeiten.
Die eingestellte Hilfslinie wurde erst sichtbar, nachdem ich eine weitere auf dem herkömmlichen Wege, durch Drag&Drop aus dem Lineal, erzeugt habe. Dadurch war der Dialog etwas unverständlich.
Das ist normalerweise nicht so. Sie erscheint sofort nach dem oben beschriebenen Beenden der Eingabe. Wenn du einen Trick hast, wie das nicht so ist, her damit.

Gerhard
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Yes, I was talking about that same switch - it does not work for me. When I click on that switch the guide panel flickers, but nothing changes. Perhaps it's due to the file, so I am sending you my grid:
http://www.estructor.biz/testje/Gridv2.pld
OK, the file shows the problem. It occurs with documents with guides on the "Active Page" only.
I will fix this.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:As for the guides getting in the way, please check my grid file as well, and try selecting the boxes - it is very, very difficult due to the fact that the layer tool is blocked by the locked guides. I think the whole point of guides is to be able to set up grids like these, and when they are locked they should be unselectable - hiding the guides sort of defeats the purpose of guides, because a designer wants those guides to be visible when dragging objects and aligning them to those same guides! That would be very strange indeed. And comparing to other applications, Photoline is the only design application out there that has guides that prevent selection of objects when they are locked.
A simple solution would be to ignore locked guides completely when working with the layer tool. Selecting guides actually only makes sense when they are unlocked, I think.
I talked with Martin about this problem and we decided to implement your "simple solution".

Gerhard
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

Mit der letzten Beta funktionieren die Placement Gruppen nicht mehr ganz so gut wie vorher. Es ist nicht mehr möglich eine bereits befüllte Gruppe durch Drag&Drop nochmals zu befallen.

Sinn der Anwendung: Ich erstelle gerade banner für eine Ausstellung. Diese sind 90*200 cm gross bei 300dpi. Die Bilder sind entsprechend riesig die dort eingebracht werden. Die neuen Platzhalter sind schon prima um die Datei handhabbar zu halten. Leider erlauben sie bisher nicht ohne weiteres Beschnitt und ändern ihre grösse beim Befüllen. Es ware toll wenn man beides noch optimieren könnte - es ist für professionelles Layouten von Postern außerordentlich wichtig. Siehe auch meine Post etwas weiter oben, incl. der Action.

Nachtrag: Anscheinend wird der Inhalt der Platzhalter noch nicht nach PDF exportiert.

Was mir beim Workaround gefehlt hat, ist die Möglichkeit alle Ebenen in einem mehrseitigen Dokument zu fixieren. Es wäre praktisch wenn es eine solche Funktion gäbe, diese sollte Ebenen fixieren und Gruppen auf eine Ebene reduzieren - und zwar alle im Dokument.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Bei hohen Zoomstufen jenseits der 1000% werden manchmal Umrisse von Vektoren mit Linienstärke 0 als gerade Linien gezeichnet, auch wenn sie eigentlich gebogen sind. Der Inhalt des Vektors bleibt weiterhin gebogen.
----------------