Photoline 19 - Ideen

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Photoline 19 - Ideen

Beitrag von photoken »

Torsten hat geschrieben:Bildverwaltung: Vielleicht wäre es Möglich in PhotoLine eine Bildverwaltung ähnlich der Bridge zu integrieren?
As I've said before, there are plenty of Image Management programs available, even free ones; so it doesn't make any sense for PL to acquire all the problems associated with image management. I'm monitoring the user forums of Photoshop Elements and PaintShopPro -- there are a huge number of complaints and problems with the image management tools of those apps. In the case of PSE, probably 90% of the problems are with its image management "Organizer".

I strongly feel that the developers should spend time on enhancing the photographic tools, rather than trying to duplicate the features of image management apps.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Falaffel
Mitglied

Beitrag von Falaffel »

Torsten hat geschrieben:Bildverwaltung: Vielleicht wäre es Möglich in PhotoLine eine Bildverwaltung ähnlich der Bridge zu integrieren?
Bildstile: PhotoLine fehlen Tools für Fotografen, die im ersten Schritt auf einfache Weise Bilder manipulieren lassen, ein Beispiel wäre z.B. Color Lookup, eben Looks auf Knopfdruck die sich dann noch variieren und bearbeiten lassen.

Solche Dinge würden auch Neukunden anlocken, da bin ich mir sicher und natürlich weiterhin am Layout des Programmes selbst zu Pfeilen, wäre sicher kein Schaden.

Torsten
Das mit der Bildverwaltung sehe ich wie Ken. Bis jetzt war noch kein Programm richtig gut, das versuchte alles zu können. Photoline ist ein Bildbearbeitungsprogramm und sollte das auch bleiben.

Den zweiten Punkt von dir finde ich allerdings interessant und würde da gerne unterschreiben.
Grüße
Robert
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

photoken hat geschrieben:I strongly feel that the developers should spend time on enhancing the photographic tools, rather than trying to duplicate the features of image management apps.
I agree - however some rather small enhancements to the "Bildübersicht" would come in useful since it is a powerful tool to manipulate a lot of images and to "script" photoline.
o) Do not store the dictionary when saving a pre-set for conversion dialog. Right now the pre-set works in a way, that makes it difficult to apply an action (as saved pre-set) to multiple directories. It makes sometimes sense to store the dictionary with the pre-set, but it should be optional (i.e. add a check box "lock" right to the edit field)
p) Show and assign stars (1-5) and markers (accepted, rejected, unmarked) to image files. Sort and filter by stars and markers.
q) I believe it would make sense to split up menu #1 into File/View/Conversion tools
r) Add a tool to load selected JPEG files into one selected master PLD file. This feature makes use of the suggested feature "b) Placement Gruppe - Hier anstatt "Replace" auch Namen wie "Replace+1", "Replace+2" ... erlauben um das jeweilig nächste, bzw übernächste (...) Bild aus der Kommandozeile einzuladen sobald das PLD geöffnet wird."
. I can imagine this tool to work like the mass-conversion tool with the distinction that the destination is not at folder but a document PLD file. The idea behind this is, that with a few template files this tool can create image catalogs, much more variable than the provided, rather fixed catalog feature. The program logic can be rather simple, it just requires the "Placement" groups and in addition a logic, to duplicate the last page of a document which contains placement groups until all selected image files have been inserted. (With this logic, this feature automatically allows it to create a catalog with a title and and end page and as many as required pages inbetween.)
If this feature can be started from commandline too, it can be used also from external image directories, not only from the "Bildübersicht".
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

Falaffel hat geschrieben:Das mit der Bildverwaltung sehe ich wie Ken. Bis jetzt war noch kein Programm richtig gut, das versuchte alles zu können. Photoline ist ein Bildbearbeitungsprogramm und sollte das auch bleiben.
Für Neukunden könnte das dennoch attraktiv sein :wink:

Torsten
Falaffel
Mitglied

Beitrag von Falaffel »

Aber für die Hubers insgesamt vermutlich nicht mehr zu stemmen ...

So eine Entwicklung bedeutet zudem, dass andere Bereiche über längere Zeit nicht mehr beachtet werden.
Grüße
Robert
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

Falaffel hat geschrieben:Aber für die Hubers insgesamt vermutlich nicht mehr zu stemmen...
Danach wurde ja nicht gefragt, bzw. nicht unter Einbeziehung dieses Aspektes, welchen wir User nicht zu hoch gewichten sollten. Denn eines Tages werden die heutigen Entwickler in den wohlverdienten Ruhestand gehen und dann muss es mit PhotoLine auch weiter gehen.

Torsten
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Dann sollten die Hubers hier aber mal schnellstmöglich Ihre Familienplanung offenlegen………… . :wink:

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:I strongly feel that the developers should spend time on enhancing the photographic tools, rather than trying to duplicate the features of image management apps.
I agree as well.

One thing that could be added to make life much easier for photographers and use of PL in general are easy side by side view options: yes, there is the Tile vertical/horizontal option in the Window menu, but that only works satisfactorily with two or at most three files (in most cases). An additional option similar to the Adobe applications to have your screen divided in various default ways with a way (drag and drop) to organize multiple documents and document views easily across the views would be very welcome.

I love the documents palette, and use it all the time - perhaps that could be used to manage the documents into multiple views?
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

JulianZI hat geschrieben:r) Add a tool to load selected JPEG files into one selected master PLD file.
If I understand you correctly, this would be similar to a couple of features in Photoshop that I like --
1. Export marked layers as separate images.
2. Import selected images as layers into the current document.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Mi 12 Mär 2014 17:48, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Torsten hat geschrieben: Für Neukunden könnte das dennoch attraktiv sein :wink:
Not when they encounter all the problems with the image management code....
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:One thing that could be added to make life much easier for photographers and use of PL in general are easy side by side view options: yes, there is the Tile vertical/horizontal option in the Window menu, but that only works satisfactorily with two or at most three files (in most cases). An additional option similar to the Adobe applications to have your screen divided in various default ways with a way (drag and drop) to organize multiple documents and document views easily across the views would be very welcome.

I love the documents palette, and use it all the time - perhaps that could be used to manage the documents into multiple views?
The absolutely best method is the one used by Photoshop Elements -- when using tabbed documents (instead of floating windows), there is a viewing option to display the tabbed documents in various configurations: two-up, three-up, as a grid, etc. It's useful and very simple for the user to choose.
Ken
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

photoken hat geschrieben:
PhotoLine must get no image management, but a bridge would be nice and this should be user-friendly and self-explanatory.

Torsten
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:One thing that could be added to make life much easier for photographers and use of PL in general are easy side by side view options: yes, there is the Tile vertical/horizontal option in the Window menu, but that only works satisfactorily with two or at most three files (in most cases). An additional option similar to the Adobe applications to have your screen divided in various default ways with a way (drag and drop) to organize multiple documents and document views easily across the views would be very welcome.

The absolutely best method is the one used by Photoshop Elements -- when using tabbed documents (instead of floating windows), there is a viewing option to display the tabbed documents in various configurations: two-up, three-up, as a grid, etc. It's useful and very simple for the user to choose.
Yes, exactly what I meant - in Photoshop you get identical options. It would also be nice if the scroll bars and window frames would adjust colours to fit the darker theme. Perhaps merely esthetics, but still. Something for a future update?
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Torsten hat geschrieben:
PhotoLine must get no image management, but a bridge would be nice and this should be user-friendly and self-explanatory.

Torsten

Well, the mini browser palette already works quite well - if that could be extended with a bookmark function to quickly select favourite folders, and and a bottom pane that displays the properties of the selected image(s) instead of the quirky image properties dialog, it would become even more useful.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: It would also be nice if the scroll bars and window frames would adjust colours to fit the darker theme. Perhaps merely esthetics, but still.
Ah, don't get me started.... :wink: I'm on a Crusade to eliminate floating windows from the face of the earth. :lol:

Vive le tabbed documents!
Ken