Photoline 19 - Ideen

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Photoline 19 - Ideen

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Well, the mini browser palette already works quite well - if that could be extended with a bookmark function to quickly select favourite folders, and and a bottom pane that displays the properties of the selected image(s) instead of the quirky image properties dialog, it would become even more useful.
I agree. The Browser thingy is all that PL really needs.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

photoken hat geschrieben:
JulianZI hat geschrieben:r) Add a tool to load selected JPEG files into one selected master PLD file.
If I understand you correctly, this would be similar to a couple of features in Photoshop that I like --
1. Export marked layers as separate images.
2. Import selected images as layers into the current document.
My suggestion is actually really simple since it just uses what's already in Photoline, yet it would add a powerful and versatile possibility to create and fill documents, i.e. calendars, image directories, collages, picture books. It could also be useful to add frames and a copyrights to images. The new document does not have to be saved after the creation, it can also be used for print production or PDF export only, so we also get a print module which can print the same image 4 times on paper.

I try to show the idea of a template in form of a HTML like text structure:

<page 1>
This is the title page
</page>
<page 2>
<group "Placement"> <layer "Replace+1"/> </group>
<group "Placement"> <layer "Replace+2"/> </group>
</page>
<page 3>
This is the last page
</page>

The document should be saved as "template.pld". Now the image catalog is used and 5 images are selected to be "loaded into template", a new function but in fact similar to the mass-conversion, only that the destination is not a folder on the drive but "template.pld". (It could even be implemented based on this feature using temporary files)

The new function opens "template.pld" and also knows that there are 5 input files. The first go into page 2, but since there are no more pages with placeholdes it duplicates page 2 as a new page 3 and adds 2 more images. It does this once more and adds the last, the fifth image which was selected (and converted) before. The first image is loaded into the layer named "Replace+1", and "Replace+2" receives the next image in line. If there are more layers with the same name, i.e. "Replace+1" the respective image is duplicated! If there is another image line (3.jpg) but no "replace+3" the original last page with "Placement" groups must be duplicated and the process continues in a loop.

When finished we have a new document which looks like this:

<page 1>
This is the title page
</page>
<page 2>
<group "Placement"> <image "inserted 1.jpg"/> </group>
<group "Placement"> <image "inserted 2.jpg"/> </group>
</page>
<page 3>
<group "Placement"> <image "inserted 3.jpg"/> </group>
<group "Placement"> <image "inserted 4.jpg"/> </group>
</page>
<page 4>
<group "Placement"> <image "inserted 5.jpg"/> </group>
<group "Placement"> <layer "Replace+2"/> </group>
</page>
<page 5>
This is the last page
</page>

Note that the last Placement group is still there since there was no more input file. The Placement group could be hidden in such a case automatically.

It should be possible to start this feature from the command-line, (or maybe a shortcut) i.e.
pl32.exe -action resample -template "template.pld" "1.jpg" "2.jpg" "3.jpg" "4.jpg" "5.jpg"

The optional parameter "-action resample" would simply call an action with this name to be executed on all the JPEG files which are loaded into the template before they are inserted into the "Replace+N" layers, just like the action which can be specified in the mass-conversion tool.

And no, I do not agree to have photoline mimic "bridge". There are plenty of fast image databases out there and it makes more sense to provide good interfaces to those, than to reinvent the wheel here. The "Bildübersicht" as such is useful to select an manipulates groups of images, as is the mini browser "Einfache Bildübersicht".
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

JulianZI hat geschrieben:
it would add a powerful and versatile possibility to create and fill documents, i.e. calendars, image directories, collages, picture books.
Well, that's getting into publishing features that I wouldn't use. I'd be happy with the basic importing and exporting of layers that I mentioned....
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

JulianZI hat geschrieben: And no, I do not agree to have photoline mimic "bridge". There are plenty of fast image databases out there and it makes more sense to provide good interfaces to those, than to reinvent the wheel here.
Well said.
Ken
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

photoken hat geschrieben:
JulianZI hat geschrieben:
it would add a powerful and versatile possibility to create and fill documents, i.e. calendars, image directories, collages, picture books.
Well, that's getting into publishing features that I wouldn't use. I'd be happy with the basic importing and exporting of layers that I mentioned....
Usually my suggestions promote to add few new functions to a feature set which already exists to complete the set and make it usable for a whole lot new and partly innovative things. (Exception is "e) Kopierpinsel mit perspektivischer Transformation" which is rather new and innovative, yet, imo needed and would be well accepted)
My suggestion here is not only about (desktop) publishing, but an innovative idea to work with and post process many pictures at once. If you use an image browser like (the hypothetical) darkkitchen, you can select pictures and fire up photoline to do something useful with it. By standard photoline will open a new window for each of the image - the idea is to open a document and use all of that images in that document. This can also be photo collage, an overlay image (multiple exposure), a HDR and a basis document for further retouching.
For example if you have 4 images of the same place taken from a tripod at different times, you can open a special template which places each image over each other so you can use the eraser to subsequently remove all the moving, disturbing persons.

BTW: Photoline has some useful options for the command line - unfortunately not on MAC, and I do not see that they are documented anywhere. This is a pretty unusual restriction, I though MACOS is based on UNIX which "lives" for the command line. Having some more command line options, not only the mentioned above, but also the possibility to
- delete image file after loading it
- immediately save a document to a new name
- close program after open and process
- open print dialog

would enhance the ability of photoline to be integrated in a workflow based on raw developing tools like darkkitchen or other widely used programs.
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

Um die Idee noch einmal aufzugreifen, die Bildübersicht von PhotoLine etwas aufzuwerten, würde mir hier folgendes sehr gut gefallen:

Wenn ich ein Bild geöffnet habe und nun ein oder mehrere Bilder als Ebenen in das geöffnete schnell hinzu laden möchte, dann geht das in der Bildübersicht nicht. Entweder muss ich über das Menü Ebene > Verwaltung > Eben laden gehen oder ich wechsele zum Betriebssystemeigenen Dateiverwaltungstool (also Finder oder Explorer) und ziehe die entsprechenden Dateien auf die in PhotoLine geöffnete Datei.

Dies ist relativ umständlich wenn man bedenkt, dass die Bildverwaltung Dreh & Angelpunkt von PhotoLine ist und man hier sogar Verzeichnisse als Favorit anlegen kann. Zum besseren Verständnis verlinke ich mal diesen Thread: Bilder in Ebenen laden

Eventuell gibt es noch mehrere praktische Verhaltensweisen die der Bildübersicht derzeit noch fehlen :)

Torsten
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

also "Drag´n´Drop" aus der Bildübersicht funktioniert bei mir unter Windows. Ich kann eine Mehrfachauswahl der Bilder einfach auf´s vorhanden Bild/Dokument ziehen. Die werden dann als Ebenen geladen.
Siehe hier:
http://youtu.be/-7EjDFa9jxU

liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

Erst durch Dein Video geht es auch am Mac… :roll:

Da PhotoLine am Mac aus einzelnen Paletten besteht und über keinen Anwendungsrahmen verfügt, habe ich mir die Bildübersicht in maximierter Größe hinter die Dateifenster gelegt. In dem Moment, in dem die Bildübersicht maximiert ist, kann ich keine Dateien auf ein geöffnetes Bild ziehen, da dieses Fenster immer im Hintergrund ist, also hinter der Bildübersicht. Hier würde ein Kontextmenüeintrag helfen…

Danke Torsten
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Also mir würde eine Tabellenfunktion gefallen.
Es würde reichen, wenn zu Beginn ein kleiner Dialog beim anlegen der Tabelle erscheint in dem man die Spalten und Zeilen eingeben kann. Dann sollte es möglich sein eine gewünschte Zellen/-Rahmenformatierung auf die gewählten Zellen anzuwenden. (Dicke Linien rundum, eine Doppellinie nur unten, Füllfarbe der Zellen etc....)
Weitere nützliche Befehle: Markierte Zellen verbinden oder teilen. Natürlich auch verschiedenen Optionen zur Textanordnung in der Zellen sollte nicht fehlen.

Rechenfunktionen usw. wären mir Schnuppe. Hauptsache man kann eine ausfüllbare Tabelle erstellen.

liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

Die Tabellen sind eine sehr gute Idee, denn beim Entwickeln von Weblayouts kommt auch schon mal eine Tabelle vor und da ist es Mühsam mit der jetzigen Möglichkeit eine Tabelle zu designen, ich bin dafür eine Tabellenfunktion zu integrieren!

Es grüßt Torsten
Neonsquare
Mitglied

Beitrag von Neonsquare »

JulianZI hat geschrieben: BTW: Photoline has some useful options for the command line - unfortunately not on MAC, and I do not see that they are documented anywhere. This is a pretty unusual restriction, I though MACOS is based on UNIX which "lives" for the command line.
Well - Mac OS X is actually more based on OpenStep/NextStep than Unix. They actually chose to implement this OpenStep variant using a Mach-Microkernel and a FreeBSD-Unix-Userspace. A side effect of this is that Mac OS X shares many low level API with FreeBSD-Unix and also many console tools are available (user space). Applications are very OpenStep-like: they are not executables but "Bundles". So PhotoLine as an App is a Bundle PhotoLine.app. The executable lives in "PhotoLine.app/Contents/MacOS/PhotoLine".

To support PhotoLine as a command line tool there are two options: Either implement the options on this executable within the bundle and demand from the user to always give this unusual path to the executable or putting "command line executables" in a proper shell path place like /usr/local/bin. A symbolic link from /usr/local/bin/photoline to /Applications/PhotoLine.app/Contents/MacOS/PhotoLine would be an option. PhotoLine could even recognize that it is called as a command line tool (and start "headless/without GUI") looking at its provided name (photoline vs. PhotoLine).

Installation of command line tools? Just provide a button/menu option to install them which just creates the symbolic link at /usr/local/bin/photoline. Maybe make /usr/local/bin configurable in the settings.

I think I would kill for command line support with PhotoLine ;). Why?

Mainly:
[*] Convert from and to PLD
[*] Call PhotoLine Actions from the command line

ciao,
Jochen
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Neonsquare hat geschrieben:To support PhotoLine as a command line tool there are two options: Either implement the options on this executable within the bundle and demand from the user to always give this unusual path to the executable or putting "command line executables" in a proper shell path place like /usr/local/bin. A symbolic link from /usr/local/bin/photoline to /Applications/PhotoLine.app/Contents/MacOS/PhotoLine would be an option. PhotoLine could even recognize that it is called as a command line tool (and start "headless/without GUI") looking at its provided name (photoline vs. PhotoLine).
There's no need to do that – OS X offers a UNIX "open" command which allows to pass command line args to the PL executable – something like

open -a PhotoLine.app -args <arg1> <arg2> …

<arg1>, <arg2>, … will be passed to PhotoLine via the argc/argv parameters in main().

L.G.

Burkhard.
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

ellhel hat geschrieben:Man spart meiner Meinung nach schon einige Mausklicks, Zeit und Fensterschubserei.
Ausserdem ist es vom Gefühl her wie eine echte Lupe. Damit meine ich wenn man das Lupenfenster schwebend über das Dokument bewegt. Alles was darunter ist wird größer. Das ist intuitiv und einfach. Wie im "echten" Leben.
Wiegesagt, ich kenne das von PriPrinter und finde es genial.
+1
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
Falaffel
Mitglied

Beitrag von Falaffel »

ellhel hat geschrieben:Man spart meiner Meinung nach schon einige Mausklicks, Zeit und Fensterschubserei.
Ausserdem ist es vom Gefühl her wie eine echte Lupe. Damit meine ich wenn man das Lupenfenster schwebend über das Dokument bewegt. Alles was darunter ist wird größer. Das ist intuitiv und einfach. Wie im "echten" Leben.
Wiegesagt, ich kenne das von PriPrinter und finde es genial.
Ich kenne es von C1 und finde es auch genial. +1
Grüße
Robert
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

Heute hab ich mal probiert wie PL die recht komplexen X-TRans RAW Files (Fuji X-E1...) konvertiert und gesehen - es funktioniert super. Zwar werden einige demosaicing Fehler eingebaut (bunte punkte), insgesamt ist aber die Detail Auflösung prima und besser als in der original JPEG der Kamera. Die RAW Entwicklung ist wirklich recht gut und bietet einiges an Potential.

Daher hier ein Vorschlag, den ich in dieser Art schon mal früher gebracht habe:

s) Wenn ein RAW geöffnet wird, sollten die RAW Daten nicht in die PLD eingebettet werden. Stattdessen sollten nur die Arbeitsebenen gespeichert werden und der Name der RAW Datei. Ob eingebettete wird oder nicht, könnte automatisch davon abhängig gemacht werden, WO gespeichert wird, wenn im selben Verzeichnis wie RAW, dann nicht einbetten, sonst schon. Im Grunde wird damit dann eine "sidecar" Datei erstellt.
Sinnvoll wäre es, zu erlauben beliebige "sidecar" Dateien auf andere RAW Dateien anzuwenden, sozusagen als Entwicklungs Preset, dieses Verhalten entspricht dann im Wesentlichen dem hier vorgeschlagenen: "r) Add a tool to load selected JPEG files into one selected master PLD file.", nur dass RAW Daten in eine für RAW Entwicklung vorbereitete PLD Datei geladen wrden. Eine solche PLD Datei kann dann auch andere Arbeitsebenen, z.b. zur Erstellung einer Vignette enthalten.

Bzgl. der Sinnhaftigkeit der RAW Einbettung: Einer der wenigen Hersteller die so mit den RAW Daten verfahren sind, nämlich NIK Software mit Capture NX hat kürzlich das Konzept und damit auch Capture NX defacto aufgegeben. Alle schnellen RAW Entwickler und -Verwalter verwenden ausschließlich entweder "sidecar" Dateien oder speichern die Entwicklung in einer Datenbank. Mit PLDs welche die RAWs nicht einbetten, kann nicht nur jede Menge Speicherplatz gespart werden, sondern auch Zeit und dazu mit wenig Aufwand ein Feature geschaffen, Presets zu verwalten und zu verwenden.

Denkbar wäre eine Funktion "Speichern unter ..." mit der Option "Als RAW Vorlage". Hierbei würden die RAW Daten nie eingebettet (egal in welchem Pfad) und der Name der RAW Datei auf "Replace+1" gesetzt, analog der unter "r)" vorgeschlagenen Funktion.