Neue Testversion 18.40b18

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.40b18

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug:

I have a large layer group that lies on top of other elements. Inside I have a (very) big image and a clip layer on top that hides the bottom part

It is locked for both position and selection. The child elements are also locked for these.

I start selecting other elements in the layer with <shift> clicking, and the large layer group is also selected, preventing me from selecting the elements that lie below it in the layer stack.

I have included a sample file. Select one of the grey squares, and then hold down <shift> to select a second one (in the view!). It will not work, because it selects the locked layer that lies on top. The layer that should be unselectable!
Dateianhänge
buglayerselect.pld
(58.22 KiB) 51-mal heruntergeladen
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Second bug:

a document with multiple pages that have different sizes/ratios creates problems when switching between pages and the edge width is set to anything other than 0%. I work with 1000% edge widths, because I want to be able to pan the view even when zoomed out.

Switching between the pages causes the view to lose focus on the document, and the user is forced to use the "Full View" command every single time the user switches pages.

Very inconvenient, and it halts your workflow.

I have attached an example. Please set the edge widths (Display->Document) for document mode in your preferecnes to, for example, 500% or higher, and switch to a different page to experience the problem.
Dateianhänge
bug2layouts.pld
(21.76 KiB) 51-mal heruntergeladen
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I have a large layer group that lies on top of other elements. Inside I have a (very) big image and a clip layer on top that hides the bottom part

It is locked for both position and selection. The child elements are also locked for these.

I start selecting other elements in the layer with <shift> clicking, and the large layer group is also selected, preventing me from selecting the elements that lie below it in the layer stack.
Shift is both: the key for overriding the lock settings and the key for adding to the selection. I will remove the overriding feature.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:a document with multiple pages that have different sizes/ratios creates problems when switching between pages and the edge width is set to anything other than 0%. I work with 1000% edge widths, because I want to be able to pan the view even when zoomed out.

Switching between the pages causes the view to lose focus on the document, and the user is forced to use the "Full View" command every single time the user switches pages.
In the next version the behavior will be different. If you don't like this new behavior, a suggestion for a better one would be welcome.

Martin
kopias
Mitglied

Beitrag von kopias »

Win7x64
small bug: color picker

Double Click on foreground color to open Color Editor wondow
try to use color picker there...

as always plese confirm
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Can't confirm. Everything's fine here. What should happen?
kopias
Mitglied

Beitrag von kopias »

about picker inside color editor floating window

when you single click - nothing happens
when you click and drag - sometimes it samples alright but most of the time its like i would relesed mouse and sampled but im still holding mouse down

i can make a video of this could i attached 2mb file here?
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

oh ok, now i can confirm the described behavior: you mean you have problems if you want to pick a color from the 2D-red-green-map inside the color editor window with the color picker tool that is available in the bottom left corner there?
the color picker tool is only for picking a color from a picture opened in photoline (i believe this because after just a single click the color picker tool is visible if you hover above the picture in photoline).
you can "missapply" it, if you click and drag (for getting a color from somewhere else: for example from some picture opened in the browser or something).
and there, i guess, the error arises: the 2D-red-green-map of the color editor window depends on the picked color (exactly: the blue ratio of that color). if you have the color picker available (click and drag) and contact the black-white-frame that is in the map available for focusing the color you want to choose the ratio changes and therefore the map changes (and the blue ratio slider jumps between 0 and 100 percent).

so: since there is no need to use the color picker inside the color picker floating window, one can prevent this error by not using the color picker there. :-) hope i could help?

edit: my explanation is only correct if the color space is rgb. in other color spaces one can find the same behavior with other colors and sliders.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Eurgail hat geschrieben: the color picker tool is only for picking a color from a picture opened in photoline (i believe this because after just a single click the color picker tool is visible if you hover above the picture in photoline).
you can pick up a colour anywhere on any screen (I have three screens, and this option is very, very useful). But when you use the colour picker on the colour window/gradient IN the Color Editor itself things will go awry, because sampling one of those colours changes the colour, which changes the colour window content, which when you move around it and sample again, this action will change the colour again...

It creates a strange loop!

The colour picker is not to be used for that. You will have to use either the slider (for the gradient part) and drag it or click to set a colour in that case. No need for the colour picker at all.
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I have three screens, and this option is very, very useful
I totaly agree :-)
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:you can pick up a colour anywhere on any screen
Do you have the color picker tool available everywhere just after a single click? I have to click and drag, so i thought, its originaly designed for getting a color from an image in PhotoLine, but works in fact even everywhere - with the "click-and-drag-trick"... :-)
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Eurgail hat geschrieben: Do you have the color picker tool available everywhere just after a single click? I have to click and drag, so i thought, its originaly designed for getting a color from an image in PhotoLine, but works in fact even everywhere - with the "click-and-drag-trick"... :-)
I have to click-and-drag, too, if I want to pick colours from outside PL – probably this is a requirement by the OS because clicking outside PL will probably send the click to another program. Within PL, I can pick colours without using the colour picker symbol (at least under OS X).

Cheers

Burkhard.
Falaffel
Mitglied

Beitrag von Falaffel »

Die Fehlerhaften Mainmenüs sind bei mir heute auch wieder aufgetreten. Betroffen waren die Menüs "Werkzeuge" und "Filter". Von beiden war nur der erste Buchstabe zu sehen.

Passiert unter Windows 7 64Bit.

Hier der Link zur PhotoLine.log

PS:Vielleicht ist es ja interessant. An diesem PC ist Photoline nicht installiert, sondern einfach der Photolineordner eines anderen PCs, der mit einem USB-Stick kopiert wurde. Das Verzeichnis "Usersettings" wurde am ursprünglichen PC noch angelegt. Die Verzeichnisrechte auf den Photoline- und alle Unterordner sind manuell so gesetzt worden, dass es daran nicht liegen kann.
Grüße
Robert
arnold_s
Mitglied

Beitrag von arnold_s »

Ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher, ob ich das schonmal gesagt/gelesen habe aber:

Zu den Platzhaltern:
Bug:
- Beim Speichern eines leeren Platzhalters gerät Photoline bei mir reproduzierbar in eine Endlosschleife
Unstimmigkeit:
- EXIF-Orientierungshinweise wirken sich erwartungsgemäß in der kleinen Bildübersichtanzeige
und beim Laden aus, beim Drop in einen Platzhalter allerdings nicht.

Da man aber nicht z.B. jedes Porträtbild vorher einmal laden und drehen will,
und das zudem verwirrt, wäre das auch hier super.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

arnold_s hat geschrieben:Zu den Platzhaltern:
Bug:
- Beim Speichern eines leeren Platzhalters gerät Photoline bei mir reproduzierbar in eine Endlosschleife
Das sollte in der nächsten Version gehen.
arnold_s hat geschrieben:Unstimmigkeit:
- EXIF-Orientierungshinweise wirken sich erwartungsgemäß in der kleinen Bildübersichtanzeige
und beim Laden aus, beim Drop in einen Platzhalter allerdings nicht.
Das sehe ich mir an.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I can confirm the problem described here. I can't delete the last entry in the list of external programs. The delete-button is even disabled on the second try.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:I can confirm the problem described here. I can't delete the last entry in the list of external programs. The delete-button is even disabled on the second try.
I can delete the entry (on OS X) but the entry re-appears after I quit and restart. If I deleted an item before the last one, the last program appears twice, so it seems that the number of entries isn't updated properly.

Btw., the dialogue remembers the wrong path – if I add a program, and then click the "+" button again, I see the application container content instead of its parent directory. Might be a bit confusing for less experienced users.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Antworten