Neue Testversion 18.90b7

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 18.90b7

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 18.90b7.

Windows:
www.pl32.com/beta/pl1890b7.zip

Mac OS X:
www.pl32.com/beta/plx1890b7.zip

Neues:
- Malpinsel, Malstift, ...: Mit normalen Anzeigemodi
- Dokumentfenster: Dekorationen werden nur noch im aktive Fenster angezeigt
- Linienstile: Werden nun als XML gelesen/geschrieben
- Linienstil bearbeiten: Linienmuster kann mit Doppelklick geändert werden
- Ebenenliste: Tastenkürzel for vorhergehenden/nächsten Darstellungsmodus
- Verflüssigen-Werkzeug: Laden/Speichern/Kopieren/Einfügen von Verzerrungsbildern

diverse kleinere Fehlerbehebungen und Verbesserungen

Gerhard Huber [Computerinsel GmbH]
support@pl32.de - www.pl32.de
ellhel
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 18.90b7

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,
Malpinsel, Malstift, ...: Mit normalen Anzeigemodi
das find ich super....Cool :mrgreen:

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
photoken
Mitglied

Digimarc x64 plugin -- Fixed!

Beitrag von photoken »

The problem with the Digimarc x64 plugin:
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4499
is fixed.

Thank you!
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Width of Blend Mode listbox

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 18.90b7 x64

The listboxes for the Paintbrush blend modes and the Layer blend modes need to be wider:
blend mode box.png
blend mode box.png (37.91 KiB) 2102 mal betrachtet
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:Hallo,
Neues:
- Malpinsel, Malstift, ...: Mit normalen Anzeigemodi

- Dokumentfenster: Dekorationen werden nur noch im aktive Fenster angezeigt

diverse kleinere Fehlerbehebungen und Verbesserungen
Yes! blend modes for drawing!!! And being able to work in one window while the other window hides the frames/controls/vector points and handles is awesome! Vector masking is very pleasant now: the preview works great.

And THANK YOU for the subtle layer selection colour for multiple layer selections! That really makes life easier.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug? Open an image, use Tool-->Color-->Reduce Colors, set to error diffusion dither method, and any colour count less than 32768. Result: black screen.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Bug? Open an image, use Tool-->Color-->Reduce Colors, set to error diffusion dither method, and any colour count less than 32768. Result: black screen.
No problem here. Maybe your palette was set to "loaded"?
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Width of Blend Mode listbox

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:The listboxes for the Paintbrush blend modes and the Layer blend modes need to be wider:
Space is very scarce in these dialogs, but I will make these popups at least resizable, so that they will grow along with their dialog.

Martin
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

der Menüfehler ist bei mir immer noch da.
Menüfehler.jpg
Menüfehler.jpg (18.21 KiB) 2068 mal betrachtet
Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

ellhel hat geschrieben:der Menüfehler ist bei mir immer noch da.
Tja, das wissen wir. Wir wissen nur leider nicht, wie man den Fehler reproduziert, denn er tritt auf keinem System auf, auf das wir Zugriff haben.
Und solange der Fehler bei uns nicht auftritt, können wir ihn leider auch nicht reparieren. Daher ist das dunkle Menü auch in der offiziellen Release abgeschaltet.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

ellhel hat geschrieben:der Menüfehler ist bei mir immer noch da.Helmut
Dann probier doch gleich mal, ob er bei Dir auch nach Neustart des PCs verschwunden ist.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Width of Blend Mode listbox

Beitrag von photoken »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:The listboxes for the Paintbrush blend modes and the Layer blend modes need to be wider:
Space is very scarce in these dialogs, but I will make these popups at least resizable, so that they will grow along with their dialog.
OK, it will be nice to see as much of the content as possible.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Req: Option to disable selected layer colour

Beitrag von photoken »

The additional colouring for selected layers is superfluous, because the checkbox already gives that information:
layer colours.png
layer colours.png (17.96 KiB) 2052 mal betrachtet
Those additional layer colours make the Layer panel look too "busy", cluttered and confusing.

Can we have an option to turn off that selected layer colour? There seems to be enough space for that disable option in the dialog:
displlay options.png
displlay options.png (36.37 KiB) 2052 mal betrachtet
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Req: Option to disable selected layer colour

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:The additional colouring for selected layers is superfluous, because the checkbox already gives that information:
Der Dateianhang layer colours.png existiert nicht mehr.
Those additional layer colours make the Layer panel look too "busy", cluttered and confusing.

Can we have an option to turn off that selected layer colour? There seems to be enough space for that disable option in the dialog:
Der Dateianhang displlay options.png existiert nicht mehr.
I have done a little testing, and visually it looks much better when PL's interface colour is 128 or higher.

Check out my workspace:
screen_small.jpg
screen_small.jpg (108.82 KiB) 2044 mal betrachtet
highres version here:
http://estructor.altervista.org/pl/screen.jpg

As you can tell, it is actually very helpful to the eyes to discriminate between selected layers. At a setting of 128 my layer panel workspace looks very good

I have mentioned this before: our eyes CANNOT distinguish those small checkboxes when they fall outside the very limited fovea centralis of our eyes.

Wikipedia extract [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fovea_centralis]:
The fovea sees only the central two degrees of the visual field, (approximately twice the width of your thumbnail at arm's length).[12] If an object is large and thus covers a large angle, the eyes must constantly shift their gaze to subsequently bring different portions of the image into the fovea (as in reading).
On my screen, and at the distance I work, it is physically impossible for my eyes (and human eyes in general) to distinguish which layers are multiple selected in the screenshot above with only the checkboxes. I am forced to keep shifting my eyes up and down to confirm which layers are selected - very tiresome.
WITH the additional selection colour I have no issues with this now. My eyes see the darker grey coloured rectangle at the bottom when I focus on the top selected darkest layer.

Now, aside from this, I do agree with you that there are some problems with the implementation. In dark mode (under 128) the colours do look quite distracting, and in Ken's example the problems are accentuated because there happen to be only three layers visible in the layer panel, with two selected. This results in three different shades of gray, and since there is no other visual context, it looks confusing which layers are selected, and which layer is not.

As you can tell from my screenshot, this poses less of an issue as long as there is a context of other non-selected layers displayed. In other applications, like Photoshop, the layer selection is solved by introducing a different highlight colour for seleced layers (Photoshop uses a mid-dark blue).

Secondly, with the GUI set to 127 or darker, or a brighter GUI setting, the current layer selection colour tints do not work as well. I agree with Ken on that point. The user requires more manual control, in my opinion. These selection colours are very hard (impossible?) to get right for all user preferences and GUI darkness settings in PL. (I assume that is one of the reasons for having a limited number of GUI darkness settings in applications like Photoshop, i.e., to prevent colour clashes when too much freedom is allowed).

Perhaps we could indeed have these additional options in the User Interface preferences:
1) turn off the selection highlighting for multiple selected layers for users who prefer the traditional checkbox only.
2) two additional layer selection colour boxes that control the colours for the active selected layer and one colour box for other selected layers.

If anything, I feel the time has come to offer us users a theme option, so we can create interface themes and share those with other users. It would also allow for a couple of controlled basic themes to be shipped with Photoline. In this case users could be given more control over the specific interface colours. That is the solution the Blender community uses, and it works really well.

Or just provide a way to save preference files the same way we can save presets for tools in PL. Users can switch to specific preference setups depending on the work they do.

Anyway, I do like the current selection highlighting - it already improves my workflow. I think users should be given a bit more control over the colours, though. They do not work that well in a dark PL GUI.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Req: Option to disable selected layer colour

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Perhaps we could indeed have these additional options in the User Interface preferences:
1) turn off the selection highlighting for multiple selected layers for users who prefer the traditional checkbox only.
That is all I'm asking for. Without re-visiting the argument about good UI design, an option to disable the layer selection colours will make everyone happy.

When it comes to the colours (themes) used for the GUI, there is no one solution that will make everyone happy. That is why it is not good to force a colour scheme on users who prefer a dark UI, or a bright UI. So, your suggestion of implementing personalized "themes" for the UI makes sense. Having such "themes" might also address the display problem that two users are having with menu items -- those of us without display problems can use dark menu items in the release version and those with display problems can simply use a theme without dark menu items.
Ken
Antworten