Neue Testversion 18.90b13

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
bkh
Betatester

Re: Bug: Control points visible for hidden vector layer

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben: This seems to be a recurrence of a previously fixed bug.
I'm not sure, but this may have been changed for my sake. In the past you could generate a vector layer with a gradient fill and pick up colors from the under lying layers by hiding the active layer. This feature was suddenly removed. I'm using this feature almost on a daily basis for retouching purposes. So I'was asking Gerhard if this could be repaired. :mrgreen:
… or maybe this is a side effect of the fact that now you can edit layer masks and clipping layers. Maybe in the invisible case, one could just add hairlines as well, so that this looks like intended behaviour, and less like an accident?
Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:Sadly the new selection behaviour is another change that hold me back from working. I'm currently take a deeper look into PS. That's really sad for me, because I'm using PL for many years. :cry:
Not sure what you mean. Afaik, the selection behaviour was changed to make PL more like PS (and it's not that new, isnt' it in place since PL 18?). What's new is the changed dragging behaviour, and there still seems to be a problem with the bottom layer in a document, but I hope that can be resolved soon.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Neue Testversion 18.90b13

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

JulianZI hat geschrieben:Ich habe nun auch den Grund: Ich hatte eine Voreinstellung "LEER" für die Arbeitsebenen angelegt um schnell alle Einstellungen löschen zu können. Dieser Eintrag wird aktiviert wenn ich auf eine Ebene klicke und dies setzt anscheinend den Fokus.
Das würde das Problem zwar erklären, tritt aber bei mir auf keinen Rechner auf. Auch nachdem ich "LEER" angelegt habe.

Gerhard
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

Beitrag von Martin Stricker »

Not sure what you mean.
In the past you could select a layer by marking the checkox on the layer panel and it stayed activated, even if you clicked on a hidden layer with the layer tool.
Afaik, the selection behaviour was changed to make PL more like PS (and it's not that new, isnt' it in place since PL 18?).
I don't know exactly when this was changed, because at work I can't use the actual Beta there is just no time for playing.
In PS you can choose which behaviour you prefer, not so in PL. Few days ago I was watching a PS tutorial and the tutor recommended not to use the automatic selection (the tutorial was in german so I don't know the exact term).

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Not sure what you mean.
In the past you could select a layer by marking the checkox on the layer panel and it stayed activated, even if you clicked on a hidden layer with the layer tool.
True, also PL 18.53 shows this behaviour. But this doesn't depend on an invisible layer, as far as I can see – even a document with a single layer shows this behaviour. I don't know if this is intended. In any case, it's very easy in PL to lose a layer selection, and unfortunately, you can't use undo in this case, either.
Martin Stricker hat geschrieben:In PS you can choose which behaviour you prefer, not so in PL. Few days ago I was watching a PS tutorial and the tutor recommended not to use the automatic selection (the tutorial was in german so I don't know the exact term).
I don't use PS myself, so I'd be curious to know exactly what the other option in PS is. I can't believe that it's like PL's previous behaviour where selection was based on the rectangular layer area, rather than it's visible content.

If the video you mentioned shows the difference between the two selection modes, maybe you can post a link to it?

Cheers

Burkhard.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Not sure what you mean.
True, also PL 18.53 shows this behaviour. But this doesn't depend on an invisible layer, as far as I can see – even a document with a single layer shows this behaviour. I don't know if this is intended. In any case, it's very easy in PL to lose a layer selection, and unfortunately, you can't use undo in this case, either.
P.S. In Picture Mode, the layer remains selected, it seems. I didn't notice right away, because with my pen tablet, I quite easily drag instead of clicking which creates a selection rectangle – maybe one could add a minimum distance there, too (like with click-and-drag and many other tools).

Btw., click-and-drag makes it much harder to select multiple layers by drawing a rectangle around them (didn't notice so far because I don't use the selection rectangle much).

Cheers

Burkhard.
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

bkh hat geschrieben: If the video you mentioned shows the difference between the two selection modes, maybe you can post a link to it?
I can't, because the Video isn't free.

If the move tool ist active, there is a checkbox "Autom. ausw.:". If it is marked PS selects the layer depending on the position of the Cursor. Otherwise you can select a layer by clicking on it in the layers Panel (and adding layers by shift or ctrl. click) and it stays selected, no matter if the layer is hidden or transparent.

The current behaviour in PL is unpractical if you work with many layers that contain transparency.
bkh hat geschrieben: P.S. In Picture Mode, the layer remains selected, it seems.

I can't see any difference. I'm using picture mode most of the time.

Martin
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
JulianZI hat geschrieben:Ich habe nun auch den Grund: Ich hatte eine Voreinstellung "LEER" für die Arbeitsebenen angelegt um schnell alle Einstellungen löschen zu können. Dieser Eintrag wird aktiviert wenn ich auf eine Ebene klicke und dies setzt anscheinend den Fokus.
Das würde das Problem zwar erklären, tritt aber bei mir auf keinen Rechner auf. Auch nachdem ich "LEER" angelegt habe.
Ich bekomme den Effekt anscheinend nicht mehr, nachdem ich "LEER" gelöscht hatte. Ich bin mir aber nicht sicher, ob es sinnvoll ist die combobox überhaupt zu aktualisieren.

Ich finde die Symbole der Buttons im Arbeitsebenendialog etwas widersprüchlich, bin schon wieder drauf reingefallen.

"+" fügt eine neue "Arbeit" hinzu, führt also zur Veränderung der aktuellen Ebene. Eine vorher sichtbare Ebene wird unsichtbar.

"zahnrad" erstellt eine neue Arbeitsebene, läßt also die aktuelle Ebene intakt.

Eigentlich müsste es doch umgekehrt sein, + für neu, Zahnrad für Eigenschaften.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

bkh hat geschrieben: P.S. In Picture Mode, the layer remains selected, it seems.

I can't see any difference. I'm using picture mode most of the time.
Maybe I misunderstand your problem. I've created a test document (attached) – if I select the green rectangle and click on the transparent area around it with the layer tool, the layer remains selected.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Martin Stricker
Mitglied

bkh hat geschrieben: Maybe I misunderstand your problem. I've created a test document (attached) – if I select the green rectangle and click on the transparent area around it with the layer tool, the layer remains selected.
It stays selected but can't be moved, you need to hit the none transparent part of the layer to move it. No problem for such a big target, but complicated up to impossible with layers that contain a huge amount of transparency and that are partly hidden by other layers.

Martin
kopias
Mitglied

Beitrag von kopias »

Win7x64, also occurs in 18.53 release

in attachment file:

move "hue edit" adjustment layer or move canvas off screen and bring it back to see display glitch

to refreash canvas just hide and show panels

Edit: for some reson the soft edge radius for vector adjustment layer mask is not saved (bug), you need to set it to see the glitch im talking about ( ive used 128px soft radius)
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

When I save the settings in my RAW adjustments layer into a preset and select that preset in a different RAW image while the RAW adjustment layer is selected there, I get a new adjustment layer inside the other layer.
My suggestion: When selecting an adjustment preset while a adjustment layer is active, clear the contents of that layer and place the new adjustments inside the current layer.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

JulianZI hat geschrieben:When I save the settings in my RAW adjustments layer into a preset and select that preset in a different RAW image while the RAW adjustment layer is selected there, I get a new adjustment layer inside the other layer.
My suggestion: When selecting an adjustment preset while a adjustment layer is active, clear the contents of that layer and place the new adjustments inside the current layer.
There are two preset buttons on the right of the presets menu which control this behaviour, one for creating (or not) a new adjustment layer, and one for adding vs. replacing the current adjustments. You can also override these settings by pressing CMD and SHIFT, respectively.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

kopias hat geschrieben:Win7x64, also occurs in 18.53 release

in attachment file:

move "hue edit" adjustment layer or move canvas off screen and bring it back to see display glitch
I think, I fixed the problem. Please check it in the next version.
kopias hat geschrieben:Edit: for some reson the soft edge radius for vector adjustment layer mask is not saved (bug)
I fixed that, too.

Martin
JulianZI
Mitglied

Beitrag von JulianZI »

bkh hat geschrieben:
JulianZI hat geschrieben:When I save the settings in my RAW adjustments layer into a preset and select that preset in a different RAW image while the RAW adjustment layer is selected there, I get a new adjustment layer inside the other layer.
There are two preset buttons on the right of the presets menu which control this behaviour, one for creating (or not) a new adjustment layer, and one for adding vs. replacing the current adjustments. You can also override these settings by pressing CMD and SHIFT, respectively.
Danke Burkhard! Funktioniert.
ono
Mitglied

Beitrag von ono »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:Wir planen für den Mai die Version 19 fertig zu machen.
Diese Beta entspricht der Version 19. Auch die Onlinehilfe ist bereits aktuell.
I kindly once more request tabbed UI mode for OS X and native full screen support. Windows users can enjoy tabbed interface for already 1-2 years, but OS X users are left behind.
Adam Strzelecki | nanoant.com | CBCT/PET tomography engineer