Adjustment layer querstion

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
jw2004
Mitglied

Adjustment layer querstion

Beitrag von jw2004 »

Adjustment layer behavior is not good

As I thought, the adjustment layer shoulde be same wheather is Fixed or not Fixed

But I create a image layer, and add some adjustment layer;
when I shift + click to do "Channel to selection", the result is not the same as I wish, only after mergy layers, the result is correct,

1. originla layer
2015-04-28_00h29_42.jpg
2. channel to selection (with adjustment layer)
2015-04-28_00h29_59.jpg
3.mergy layers then channel to seletion
2015-04-28_00h30_29.jpg
2 and 3 's result is not the same. It means, adjustment layer' effect is not same as it applied, If you want get absulutely correct result, you should mergy layer to drop adjustment layer.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
PL19 x64 win7 64
bkh
Betatester

Re: Adjustment layer querstion

Beitrag von bkh »

jw2004 hat geschrieben:ABut I create a image layer, and add some adjustment layer;
when I shift + click to do "Channel to selection", the result is not the same as I wish, only after mergy layers, the result is correct,
"Channel to Selection" in the context menu of the preview icon only refers to the layer itself (without the adjustment), not to the combined picture. (One might argue that it should take child layers into account, in accordance with what is shown in the preview icon – layers with child layers are very similar to isolated groups, after all).

As a workaround, you can group the layer and create the mask from the group, or use the "Channel to Selection" icon in the "Channels" panel which will create the mask from the combined image.

Cheers

Burkhard.
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

I don't think there is reason for what you see is not what you get.

If you want get the host layer itself, you only need to invisible the adjustment layer,

why does the PL return the host layer's information while I want the adjusted image?
PL19 x64 win7 64
Eurgail
Mitglied

Beitrag von Eurgail »

Right click on a layer belongs only to this layer. If you want to get, what you see, go to the channels panel.
Child layers effect the host layer and nothing else. They are not fixed.

why do you want, that PL returns the adjusted image's information while I want the host image?
why don't you fetch the adjusted image's information, where PhotoLine returns it?
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

Eurgail hat geschrieben:Right click on a layer belongs only to this layer. If you want to get, what you see, go to the channels panel.
Child layers effect the host layer and nothing else. They are not fixed.

why do you want, that PL returns the adjusted image's information while I want the host image?
why don't you fetch the adjusted image's information, where PhotoLine returns it?

You are right, "Channel to selection" and "Alpha to selection" return the host layer's imformation.
And it seems that there no simple method to get the combined layer's alpha.

But I still a suggest:
1. Layer thumbnail is the combined image, I can't see the host layer's thumbnail,
2. Add a host layer's thumnail in the layer list, if I click the combined image's thumnail, the alpha to selection action use the combined image, If I click the host's thumnail, use the host image.
PL19 x64 win7 64
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

bkh hat geschrieben:
jw2004 hat geschrieben:ABut I create a image layer, and add some adjustment layer;
"Channel to Selection" in the context menu of the preview icon only refers to the layer itself (without the adjustment), not to the combined picture. (One might argue that it should take child layers into account, in accordance with what is shown in the preview icon – layers with child layers are very similar to isolated groups, after all).

As a workaround, you can group the layer and create the mask from the group, or use the "Channel to Selection" icon in the "Channels" panel which will create the mask from the combined image.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Group the layer itself then add mask and adjustment layer to some degree can simulate a layer with mask and child layer, but the group's behavior does not equals to image layer, specially group does not have blending mode, the mode always is "Normal".
PL19 x64 win7 64
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

jw2004 hat geschrieben:Group the layer itself then add mask and adjustment layer to some degree can simulate a layer with mask and child layer, but the group's behavior does not equals to image layer, specially group does not have blending mode, the mode always is "Normal".
You have to put the layer and its children into a group, like this. Try the group icon vs. the image icon.
group.png
(Alternatively, you could use an isolated group, but just grouping the layer in question is easier.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

I have found a ultimate way to get orginal image and combined image both.

As we know, PL support virtual copy layer, and this just resolve this issue.

My solution: Create a virtual copy layer as itself's child layer.

the Layer tree is:
Layer A
Layer B
Layer C
Layer V (Virtual copy of Layer A)

The result is perfect
When ctrl + click the Layer A, you get the A's alpha;
When ctrl + click the Layer V, you get the combined image's alpha;

And Layer V is always invisible, this prohibit circulation.

2015-05-01_09h16_32.png
PL19 x64 win7 64
jw2004
Mitglied

Beitrag von jw2004 »

I just want say: PL is wonderful and cool.
PL19 x64 win7 64
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Respect! Though I surely turned a virtual copy into a child of its own source, I haven't seen the slightest use for it.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!