Neue Testversion 19.40b2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 19.40b2

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 19.40b2.

Windows:
www.pl32.com/beta/pl1940b2.zip

Mac OS X:
www.pl32.com/beta/plx1940b2.zip

Neues:
- SVG-Export mit Schriften in Pfade wandeln
- GSFillPolygon: multithreaded
- Textebenen: Vertikale Textausrichtung kann nun auch "unten"
- SVG mit Einstellungen
- Kreis- und lineare Verläufe: jetzt mit Wiederholung und Reflexion (vorerst nur über Dokumenteditor)
- Kreisverläufe: nun mit vertikaler Skalierung (vorerst nur über Dokumenteditor)
- Platzhalter, Anlegen durch Ziehen von Dateien: Bei mehreren Dateien werden nun auch mehrere Platzhalter angelegt

diverse kleinere Fehlerbehebungen und Verbesserungen

Gerhard Huber [Computerinsel GmbH]
support@pl32.de - www.pl32.de
arnold_s
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b2

Beitrag von arnold_s »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
Neues:
- SVG-Export mit Schriften in Pfade wandeln
Super, danke!
Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: - Kreisverläufe: nun mit vertikaler Skalierung (vorerst nur über Dokumenteditor)
Das ist ebenfalls cool.
photoken
Mitglied

Prob: Text input display with new alignment options

Beitrag von photoken »

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 19.40b2 x64

Thanks for the new text area alignment options, but when the alignment option is set to either "Middle" or "Bottom" the text entry display is either garbled, or does not show the text entry. Here is the text display when the "Middle" option is set and the Enter key was pressed to start a new line:
text alignment problem.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben: - Kreis- und lineare Verläufe: jetzt mit Wiederholung und Reflexion (vorerst nur über Dokumenteditor)
"Repetition" sounds like something I've been looking for, but where is this feature?
Ken
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

photoken hat geschrieben:"Repetition" sounds like something I've been looking for, but where is this feature?
You have to select the vector tool and make a right click onto the overlay in the document for the gradient.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:"Repetition" sounds like something I've been looking for, but where is this feature?
You have to select the vector tool and make a right click onto the overlay in the document for the gradient.
Aha! Thanks for the tip about using the right-click. :) It also works for non-vector gradients.

Thanks to the Hubers for the new "squoosh" control for circular gradients -- that can give interesting effects:
gradient repetition and distortion.png
A repetition option needs to be implemented for the gradients in the False Color tool -- that is where I would most often use repetition to create a metallic effect on an image.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Text input display with new alignment options

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:Win7 x64 SP1
PL 19.40b2 x64

Thanks for the new text area alignment options, but when the alignment option is set to either "Middle" or "Bottom" the text entry display is either garbled, or does not show the text entry. Here is the text display when the "Middle" option is set and the Enter key was pressed to start a new line:
Same here - when I switch to the layer tool the garbled text corrects itself. I think this is still a work in progress. Still extremely useful!

I am really happy to see some movement in the text(box) handling of Photoline. It is currenly lagging behind most of the competition. Now, if only we could have:
- separate tracking and kerning
- a division of family font name and family members for font selection (two dropdowns)
- font selection: typing the first letters of a font name ought to filter the rest (hide from the list)
- improved ligature control and open type functionality. For example, I cannot choose proportional old style number variants in type faces such as Garamond Pro in Photoline.
- glyph or symbol list panel to easily select a specific character for insertion.

And for page handling:
- page templates!
- page spreads!
- independent guides per layer...

I would love to see Photoline have improved DTP functionality at this point.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:
Ha! Thanks, I actually was unaware that we could even right-mouse click a gradient with the vector tool! :o
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:- separate tracking and kerning
Imo, the "A\V" setting is tracking (the symbol is misleading) rather than kerning proper– the value is added to the standard kerning (as specified by the font) if kerning is on. If there is something missing, then it's manual kerning for individual characters, independent of the given tracking (but is this really needed)?
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:- a division of family font name and family members for font selection (two dropdowns)- improved ligature control and open type functionality. For example, I cannot choose proportional old style number variants in type faces such as Garamond Pro in Photoline.
Maybe you should switch OS – it's all there in the OS X version of PL (or, rather in OS X itself – if I remember correctly, the Windows version lacks these features because of insufficient typographic support from the OS.

The implementation in PL is not perfect in the sense that the "Choose Fonts …" panel is provided by OS X and does, e.g., not dock with the other PL panels, but at least it works.

Of course, in the long run it would be really nice to get rid of the and buttons in the text tool settings panel, in favour of a proper list of family members. (People coming from ordinary word processors would probably complain about the lack of and , though …).

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:- glyph or symbol list panel to easily select a specific character for insertion.

Doesn't Windows offer a system wide character palette, like OS X? I much prefer to have the same character selection options in all applications.

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: - font selection: typing the first letters of a font name ought to filter the rest (hide from the list)
Absolutely not. After I type the first couple of letters, if I change my mind, I like being able to simply scroll through all the other fonts without having to first clear the search.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:- glyph or symbol list panel to easily select a specific character for insertion.
Doesn't Windows offer a system wide character palette, like OS X? I much prefer to have the same character selection options in all applications.
Yes, in Windows it's called "Character Map", but it doesn't show all the available glyphs in Adobe fonts like Garamond Pro. Using the glyph panel in Adobe's InDesign makes it very easy to insert the desired characters and ligatures, etc.
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: separate tracking and kerning.
Eh.... :| The A\V control does both and is more than sufficient for the lightweight text/DTP functions of an image editor. More sophisticated text, paragraph, and layout control is best done in a dedicated DTP program, IMO.
Ken
Falaffel
Mitglied

Beitrag von Falaffel »

Cool, auf meinem Surface mit skalierter Anzeige wird der Splashscreen sauber angezeigt. Habt ihr da etwas geändert?
Grüße
Robert
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

ellhel hat geschrieben:
Ich glaub ich hab einen kleinen Fehler bei den Dokumentfarben entdeckt.
Folgendes:
Ich erstelle ein Dokument in A4. Dann zeichne ich 2-3 Vektorobjekte und weise denen eine Dokumentfarbe zu.
Dann ändere ich die Dokumentfarbe. Doppelklick auf die Dokumentfarbe um den Farbdialog zu öffnen. Da wähle ich dann Tonwert.
Nun wähle ich einen anderen Tonwert und bestätige die Änderung. Das Ergebnis ist dann immer "weiß".

Das werde ich reparieren.

Der Fehler war wohl noch zu neu. Ist in der Beta weiter vorhanden.

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
Danke,
funktioniert jetzt einwandfrei :wink:

Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: separate tracking and kerning.
Eh.... :| The A\V control does both and is more than sufficient for the lightweight text/DTP functions of an image editor. More sophisticated text, paragraph, and layout control is best done in a dedicated DTP program, IMO.
No, with this I vehemently disagree (sorry): Photoline purports to be more than "just" an image editor - it is a design application. And any good design application offers great typographical control. Look at Photoshop - also "just" an image editor. Photoline is almost there, and merely needs to improve the kerning/tracking aspect, as well as provide OpenType control.
bkh hat geschrieben:Maybe you should switch OS – it's all there in the OS X version of PL (or, rather in OS X itself – if I remember correctly, the Windows version lacks these features because of insufficient typographic support from the OS.

The implementation in PL is not perfect in the sense that the "Choose Fonts …" panel is provided by OS X and does, e.g., not dock with the other PL panels, but at least it works.

Of course, in the long run it would be really nice to get rid of the and buttons in the text tool settings panel, in favour of a proper list of family members. (People coming from ordinary word processors would probably complain about the lack of and , though …).

I would switch to a Mac, if Apple would offer the hardware I want/need. All in all, the existing models may suit other users, but do not suit my needs.

and can still work as long as a appropriate family member is available, and otherwise the may be 'faked' - albeit that a visual indicator would warn the user that the bold/italic formatting is 'fake'.

photoken hat geschrieben:Yes, in Windows it's called "Character Map", but it doesn't show all the available glyphs in Adobe fonts like Garamond Pro. Using the glyph panel in Adobe's InDesign makes it very easy to insert the desired characters and ligatures, etc.

I was thinking along the lines of InDesign's Glyph panel. Although I am unsure Photoline's version would require the same level of sophistication, of course. Would be nice, though ;-)