Neue Testversion 19.40b2

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Text input display with new alignment options

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:Yes, in Windows it's called "Character Map", but it doesn't show all the available glyphs in Adobe fonts like Garamond Pro. Using the glyph panel in Adobe's InDesign makes it very easy to insert the desired characters and ligatures, etc.
I was thinking along the lines of InDesign's Glyph panel. Although I am unsure Photoline's version would require the same level of sophistication, of course. Would be nice, though ;-)
Well, Windows10 will be released in less than a month, so it will be interesting to see how its equivalent of the Character Map utility handles those Adobe "Pro" fonts....
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben:Yes, in Windows it's called "Character Map", but it doesn't show all the available glyphs in Adobe fonts like Garamond Pro. Using the glyph panel in Adobe's InDesign makes it very easy to insert the desired characters and ligatures, etc.
I was thinking along the lines of InDesign's Glyph panel. Although I am unsure Photoline's version would require the same level of sophistication, of course. Would be nice, though ;-)
Aha! I was wrong about the Character Map -- you can use it to easily copy the additional glyphs, ligatures, etc., that are in Adobe's "Pro" series of fonts into PL. :D

In the Character Map utility, use "Unicode Subrange" in the Group by field, then choose the "Private Use Characters" in the Group By window. Here's where to find those old-style numerals, and in the background you can see them successfully entered in a PL text box:
This $#^**## forum software is rejecting the 874px x 511px 57Kb PNG screenshot as being too large! :evil:
Ken
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: separate tracking and kerning.
Eh.... :| The A\V control does both and is more than sufficient for the lightweight text/DTP functions of an image editor. More sophisticated text, paragraph, and layout control is best done in a dedicated DTP program, IMO.
No, with this I vehemently disagree (sorry): Photoline purports to be more than "just" an image editor - it is a design application. And any good design application offers great typographical control. Look at Photoshop - also "just" an image editor. Photoline is almost there, and merely needs to improve the kerning/tracking aspect, as well as provide OpenType control.
I still don't see the need for separate kerning and tracking controls. The A\V does both very well. If you first set the A\V control for your tracking value, all the characters that are entered have that tracking value applied. If you then place the cursor between two characters, you can adjust the kerning between those characters.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben: I still don't see the need for separate kerning and tracking controls. The A\V does both very well. If you first set the A\V control for your tracking value, all the characters that are entered have that tracking value applied. If you then place the cursor between two characters, you can adjust the kerning between those characters.
...and then your client (or you) decides that the overall tracking must be adjusted once again. You select the text, and... POOF! All your painstakingly set custom kerning is... Gone With the Wind... That long 42pt heading I just styled and kerned? Let's decide to change the type size to 46pt. Hmm, tracking is a bit off, let's reduce it a bit. Hey, wait! What happened to my eight custom adjusted kerning pairs?! I am supposed to do it all over again?

Nope, this is very inconvenient and hardly usable for real type work.

Besides, as bkh already stated before, tracking and kerning are two very different things. Furthermore, selecting text that has different A/V settings displays as an empty field. With separate tracking and kerning the overall tracking would still be visible, and it would also take the custom kerning into consideration.

There is no practical reason NOT to have both kerning and tracking as type controls. Combining both into only one control value is, however, unpractical when working with type. As is having no control over OpenType! ;-)
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: What happened to my eight custom adjusted kerning pairs?! I am supposed to do it all over again?
Yes. Whenever I have changed the font size, or changed the tracking, I have always had to re-adjust any individual kerning between characters. The particular text block is a cohesive item, and changing one aspect necessarily means adjusting the other aspects, at least in my experience.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Furthermore, selecting text that has different A/V settings displays as an empty field.
And simply clicking between any two characters will populate the A\V field with the appropriate value.

Like I said, this question is a big "Eh..." with me. If you need it, then you need it. I don't.

BTW, following up on my discovery of the Character Map utility being able to insert any special characters from the "Pro" fonts, I've added CharMap as an external program in PL. I set its image type to "None" and voilá, I've got an excellent glyph panel in PL! :D
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:(...) but when the alignment option is set to either "Middle" or "Bottom" the text entry display is either garbled, or does not show the text entry. (...)
I will fix that.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Scrollproblem unter OS X 10.10.4/Scrolling problem on OS X 10.10.4

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hallo,

das Scrollproblem (siehe http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... =45#p34505) tritt unter 10.10.4 wieder auf. Ich war mir ziemlich sicher, dass es mit 10.10.3 noch funktionierte. Hat ein Mac User hier noch 10.10.3 und kann das ausprobieren?

The scrolling problem (see http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... =45#p34505) has reappeared on 10.10.4. I am quite sure, that it worked fine on 10.10.3. Is there a Mac user with 10.10.3 who can test that?

Martin
ono
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 19.40b2

Beitrag von ono »

Martin,

I just wrote Gerhard about this problem, and now I see it there. However I think the problem was already in 10.10.3. Since I've upgraded to 10.10.4 yesterday, but I noticed this problem couple of days before that.

What's more interesting it seem like like a low level glitch since, doing whole screen screenshot captures image which looks OK (no tears), so I had to make a photo of my screen to show this problem.
PhotoLine19ScollingArtifacts.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Adam Strzelecki | nanoant.com | CBCT/PET tomography engineer
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Strange Color Editor issue. Please open the attached file. It is a simple ring with a CMYK fill.

Open the Color Editor panel, and select the ring. The Color Editor displays the CMYK value. Now try to change the K value slider a bit.

Result: the Color Editor switched to RGB, and the colour changes.

Changing the colour via the layer properties or the tools palette works as expected, though.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

When I select a group of vector objects, and I change the colour with the Color Editor, the colours do not change. It would be very useful if we could change the overall colour of grouped vector objects.
photoken
Mitglied

Prob: Color Editor uses its last colour, not object's colour

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Open the Color Editor panel, and select the ring. The Color Editor displays the CMYK value. Now try to change the K value slider a bit.

Although I didn't d/l your file, I can confirm a similar behavior and I found that there is a general problem when the Color Editor is opened and the colour mode is changed:

Win7 x64 SP1
PL 19.40b2 x64

When the Color Editor is opened, it uses the last colour set in it and does not correctly show the selected object's fill colour.
Steps to reproduce
  1. Create a vector object.
  2. Open the Color Editor and use it to change the fill colour of the object.
  3. Close the Color Editor.
  4. Use the Toolbar to change the fill colour of the object.
  5. With the object selected, open the Colour Editor.
  6. The colour shown in the Color Editor is the last colour set by using the Color Editor, not the current fill colour of the object.
  7. In the Color Editor, change the colour mode (RGB to CMYK, or CMYK to RGB).
Result
The fill colour of the object changes to that last used colour in the Color Editor.

Expected result
The fill colour should remain the same -- it should be the current fill colour of the object.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

A GUI issue which I encounter in my daily work:

I set the Speed of Scrolling to 0.1 in the prefs, because I use the scroll wheel on both the mouse and wacom to zoom in. ("Scroll Image Content by Mouse Wheel is therefore unchecked).

This gives me really nice and controllable zooming in and out.

However, scrolling the layer panel with the scroll wheel becomes too slow!

Suggestion: couldn't the middle mouse button be used to pan the layer panel's content, just as in the document views? That would also simplify Wacom usage. This would also be very handy for other panels, such as the Adjustment layer panel which can quickly fill up with settings. Panning the content in panels with the middle mouse button would very much speed things up (which is my experience in Blender, for example).
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Prob: Color Editor uses its last colour, not object's colour

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Open the Color Editor panel, and select the ring. The Color Editor displays the CMYK value. Now try to change the K value slider a bit.

Although I didn't d/l your file, I can confirm a similar behavior and I found that there is a general problem when the Color Editor is opened and the colour mode is changed:

[...]
Expected result
The fill colour should remain the same -- it should be the current fill colour of the object.
Yes, I noticed that behaviour as well. The Color Editor responds a bit wonky.
ellhel
Mitglied

Beitrag von ellhel »

Hallo,

ich erstelle gerade ein Dokument mit Formularfeldern. Bei PDF-Export sind dann aber die Zeilen verschoben.
In der Master-PLD stimmt alles. Mache ich was falsch beim Export oder an was liegt das.....???

Habe mal bei Dateien im Anhang.
Telefonannahme.zip
Liebe Grüße
Helmut
PhotoLine 21 & Betas, Win-10 Pro 64-bit, ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018, Dxo Optics Pro 9, Panasonic DMC-G6
"Der Nachteil der Intelligenz besteht darin, dass man ununterbrochen gezwungen ist, dazuzulernen."
George Bernard Shaw
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Suggestion: couldn't the middle mouse button be used to pan the layer panel's content, just as in the document views?
As long as that is an option only and does not change the current behavior. I never use scrolling to zoom, and do not have a middle mouse button on my notebook -- two buttons on its touchpad with scrolling areas defined at the side and bottom. Blender has to jump through hoops to "simulate a three-button mouse" to work (somewhat awkwardly) on a two-button setup.
Ken