I will repeat this request once more: it would be great if we could somehow export layers/layer groups to different formats and sizes in one go. Photoshop has Generator, and the layer names are used to define the various output options.
Now, I am aware that Gerhard found that to be too obscure (and I agree), and I would again like to request a new export option for layers. Perhaps an additional optional export function in the layer properties, which displays a list of exports? That would really move Photoline from the last place to the front contenders in the "horse race".
What web/mobile designers are looking for is:
1) deciding the output format(s) and output settings for each layer, and the output directory, with folder options;
2) deciding the output scale for each layer (1, 2x, 2.5x, 3x, custom settings);
3) then export all of the layers in one go.
4) an option to automatically crop to transparency.
5) ideally, making a change to output settings automatically cleans up the old files and folders when the assets are exported once more. This way we would not have to delete older versions ourselves.
6) a preview function to view the optimized version
Photoline has fallen behind most other currently available design applications in this regard, unfortunately, and it should not be too difficult to implement at least the first 4 points. It would really make a tremendous difference for Photoline as a viable web/mobile/GUI/2d game graphics tool.
I really hope you will take this request into consideration.
Here is a mockup of how the EXISTING functionality of Photoline could be integrated in a simple-to-use extended layer export:
Full resolution version: http://www.estructor.altervista.org/full.png
The new Export Layer(s) option in the layer menu would export all selected layers. If no export settings are defined for a layer, the Export Layer(s) option will export to a default settings controlled in the preferences.
The File-->Export-->Export All Layers will ONLY export those layers which have Export settings defined in the layer properties. Others will be ignored.
By re-using Photoline's existing dialogs to control the settings, the Hubers do not need to come up with completely new functionality, only re-purpose them!
The one thing missing here is an automatic transparency crop/trim function, which ideally would be added to the Web Export dialog. Most of the times the layer should be trimmed, but there are instances when this is not the preferred behaviour, and the white space surrounding an image should be retained.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.