Neue Testversion 21.40b11

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
chrischa
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 21.40b11

Beitrag von chrischa »

@Juan: I put the menu item "Fit in Vector Layer" in the Context Menu (third mouse-button), perhaps this is an option for you, too?
Photoline 23 unter Windows 10/64 Bit
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Do 21 Mär 2019 11:46
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 20 Mär 2019 21:53Another thing I noticed: the guide snapping/align to auto guides no longer works in the last two betas?
*edit* it seems with pixel snapping active, guides no longer can be snapped to.
I am not sure about the precise wanted behaviour.
Positions can snap horizontally and vertically. So if a position is snapping horizontally/vertically to a (auto) guide or the grid, it should no longer snap to the pixel grid? Or should it snap first to guides/grid and afterwards snap the already adjusted position to the pixel grid? Or something completely different?

Martin
Good question...

Currently when dragging guides onto the canvas with Use Pixel Grid turned on doesn't automatically snap the new guide to the pixel grid. Only by holding down ALT will it do that.

(1) I think the alt option is great, but should be the default behaviour when the Use Pixel Grid is turned on and new guides are dragged onto the canvas.
(2) It would actually be pretty handy to be able to press the ALT key to snap guides to the pixel grid when Use Pixel Grid is not active.
(4) when dragging a guide it would be super handy if a small tooltip near the mouse cursor would display the position while dragging.

As for the guide snapping:
(4) I think objects should snap to the nearest pixel of a guide that is not aligned precisely to the pixel grid. So the pixel grid takes precedence, but with the guide playing "second best" role.

Btw, I did a bit more testing, and I quite like how you solved the stroke alignment problem: center strokes with pixel grid align automatically to .5 values, and outer and inner strokes to full non-decimal values.

One bug I encountered
: with antialiasing off, and objects like a box or ellipse having a 1px stroke, the bottom pixels may become invisible depending on the position of the object or edge. I have included a test file for you (pixel_test.pld). This occurs when either the inside or outside stroke option is applied to an object.

One more buggy behaviour, although I am unsure if this can be easily solved: with 1px strokes, and anti-aliasing turned off, transforming objects often results in partly two pixel strokes, or 'rogue' single pixels appearing along the stroke(s).
Ideally the vectors should recalculate a shape's stroke to be a "perfect" 1 pixel closed shape, without double pixels appearing. Same for 2px strokes, 3px strokes, and so on.
But I am probably asking for too much here, since this artifacting seems to be caused by the underlying (anti-)aliasing code.
pixel_artifacts.png
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Bug anti-aliasing text: for some reason the large heading on the left is aliased when zoomed out beyond 50%, but when I zoom in more (for example 100% and more) the large "User Persona..." text line is aliased, no matter what I try to fix it. To be precise, at 45% the text is nicely aliased, but at 46% it is aliased. Weird.

I sent a test file to info@pl32.
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi all,

Would it be possible to add to the Flood Fill when Create Vector Layer Enable an option "in Active Layer" to avoid creating a huge amount of vector layers?

Cheers,
Juan
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Water Brush and Filter Brush resize problem.
When holding Ctrl on windows and resizing the brush, the resize happens on the left side of the brush, but in the rest of the brushes it happens on the right side.
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 00:16 Bug anti-aliasing text: for some reason the large heading on the left is aliased when zoomed out beyond 50%, but when I zoom in more (for example 100% and more) the large "User Persona..." text line is aliased, no matter what I try to fix it. To be precise, at 45% the text is nicely aliased, but at 46% it is aliased. Weird.
Hi Herbert,
It's only on the screen, where the AA-effect looks bad.
A print with a Samsung color printer looks VERY SHARP!
I've used three different fonts across a DINA4 sheet.
I've took a close-up of the print! The print is really sharp, even if it looks that is'nt on the picture.
Only the cirlce-line isn't THAT SHARP. But the circle itself is great.
close-up-20190327_120227.jpg
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
dutchman
Mitglied

Beitrag von dutchman »

Juan hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 11:08 Water Brush and Filter Brush resize problem.
When holding Ctrl on windows and resizing the brush, the resize happens on the left side of the brush, but in the rest of the brushes it happens on the right side.
No such issue on WIN7 here!
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

dutchman hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 13:51
Juan hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 11:08 Water Brush and Filter Brush resize problem.
No such issue on WIN7 here!
It could be only with Win10?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktqq7O9 ... e=youtu.be
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Im Tablett Dialog kann jetzt die Stärke der Effekte nur noch an einer Stelle eingestellt werden, im Unterschied dazu, konnten im alten Pinsel Editor die Streuungseffekte unabhängig justiert werden. Wie bereits erwähnt, wird der Anteil des Pinsel Editors, der die Streuung betrifft, durch den Tablett Dialog ersetzt. Daher stellt sich die Frage: Ist eine unabhängige Einstellung weiterhin möglich und wenn ja, wie?

Sollte ein unabhängiges Einstellen nicht möglich sein, so würde es Sinn machen, den alten Pinsel Editor weiterhin zusätzlich beizubehalten.

Grüße Josef
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

maxwell hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 17:07 Im Tablett Dialog kann jetzt die Stärke der Effekte nur noch an einer Stelle eingestellt werden, im Unterschied dazu, konnten im alten Pinsel Editor die Streuungseffekte unabhängig justiert werden. Wie bereits erwähnt, wird der Anteil des Pinsel Editors, der die Streuung betrifft, durch den Tablett Dialog ersetzt. Daher stellt sich die Frage: Ist eine unabhängige Einstellung weiterhin möglich und wenn ja, wie?

Sollte ein unabhängiges Einstellen nicht möglich sein, so würde es Sinn machen, den alten Pinsel Editor weiterhin zusätzlich beizubehalten.

Grüße Josef
I agree, I think the old brush editor was far superior in the sense of accessibility and ease to edit the values. I would like to rework based on the old brush editor and not the new matrix table.

Cheers,
Juan
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

dutchman hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 13:17
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 00:16 Bug anti-aliasing text: for some reason the large heading on the left is aliased when zoomed out beyond 50%, but when I zoom in more (for example 100% and more) the large "User Persona..." text line is aliased, no matter what I try to fix it. To be precise, at 45% the text is nicely aliased, but at 46% it is aliased. Weird.
Hi Herbert,
It's only on the screen, where the AA-effect looks bad.
A print with a Samsung color printer looks VERY SHARP!
I've used three different fonts across a DINA4 sheet.
I've took a close-up of the print! The print is really sharp, even if it looks that is'nt on the picture.
Only the cirlce-line isn't THAT SHARP. But the circle itself is great.
close-up-20190327_120227.jpg
That is not what I meant. The issue is that PhotoLine doesn't use any anti-aliasing on one particular text object in the layout which I sent to the developers, although that object is not set to being aliased. When I zoom out to 45% or less, anti-aliasing kicks in, and the text object is rendered anti-aliased.

It has nothing to do with printing. This seems to be a screen drawing bug of some kind. I can't share the document here, because I use it for work, and therefore sent it to the Hubers.
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Panorama Filter bringt PL immer noch zum Absturz beim Einlesen von Olympus Raw Dateien!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 00:09Currently when dragging guides onto the canvas with Use Pixel Grid turned on doesn't automatically snap the new guide to the pixel grid. Only by holding down ALT will it do that.
I will fix that.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 00:09(...)
(2) It would actually be pretty handy to be able to press the ALT key to snap guides to the pixel grid when Use Pixel Grid is not active.
We will add an option for inverting the pixel grid behaviour with Alt.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 00:09(4) when dragging a guide it would be super handy if a small tooltip near the mouse cursor would display the position while dragging.
I will add one.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 00:09As for the guide snapping:
(4) I think objects should snap to the nearest pixel of a guide that is not aligned precisely to the pixel grid. So the pixel grid takes precedence, but with the guide playing "second best" role.
I see two possible behaviours:
- Your proposal: align to the grid or guides and align the result to the pixel grid
- align to the grid or guides and only align to the pixel grid, if it couldn't align to the grid or the guides.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 00:09(...)
One bug I encountered: with antialiasing off, and objects like a box or ellipse having a 1px stroke, the bottom pixels may become invisible depending on the position of the object or edge. I have included a test file for you (pixel_test.pld). This occurs when either the inside or outside stroke option is applied to an object.
I've made a change and at least your sample document looks fine now.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 00:09One more buggy behaviour, although I am unsure if this can be easily solved: with 1px strokes, and anti-aliasing turned off, transforming objects often results in partly two pixel strokes, or 'rogue' single pixels appearing along the stroke(s).
Ideally the vectors should recalculate a shape's stroke to be a "perfect" 1 pixel closed shape, without double pixels appearing. Same for 2px strokes, 3px strokes, and so on.
(...)
There shouldn't be a problem with 1 pixel lines. Wide lines or line styles inside/outside are basically polygons, so without antialiasing the width may be non-uniform.
But I can't reproduce this problem here, but if you have a sample PLD I will check it.

Martin
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

maxwell hat geschrieben: Mi 27 Mär 2019 17:07 Im Tablett Dialog kann jetzt die Stärke der Effekte nur noch an einer Stelle eingestellt werden, im Unterschied dazu, konnten im alten Pinsel Editor die Streuungseffekte unabhängig justiert werden. Wie bereits erwähnt, wird der Anteil des Pinsel Editors, der die Streuung betrifft, durch den Tablett Dialog ersetzt. Daher stellt sich die Frage: Ist eine unabhängige Einstellung weiterhin möglich und wenn ja, wie?
Das verstehe ich nicht. Vielleicht kannst du das etwas genauer erklären.

Grundsätzlich hat jeder der Schalter in der Zeichenmatrix eine eigene Stärke und eine eigene Verlaufskurve. Ich sehe nichts, was mit dem alten Dialog funktioniert hat und mit dem neuen nicht geht. Eventuell hast du ein Beispiel.

Martin
maxwell
Mitglied

Beitrag von maxwell »

Hallo Martin,

habe nach Deiner Antwort festgestellt, dass der Schieberegler und die Kurve bei erneuter Wahl einer Ausgabegröße auf die vorher eingestellten Werte springen (allerdings wird die Auswahl dabei aufgehoben). Da nur ein Schieberegler respektive eine Kurve dargestellt ist, ist das Verhalten hinsichtlich der Einstellungen nicht direkt verständlich. Finde Eure Umsetzung trotzdem sehr gut, sie wäre vielleicht verständlicher, wenn für beide Einstellungen zusätzlich der aktuell gewählte Ausgabeparameter z.B. Position, … mit angezeigt würde.

Nochmals Danke, beim Malen mit dem Stift sind die neuen Möglichkeiten mit der Zeichenmatrix wirklich super

Josef