Neue Testversion 23.90b1

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 23.90b1

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 23.90b1.

Windows:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2390b1.zip

macOS:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2390b1.zip

Neues:
  • HEIC, macOS: HEIC-Export mit Metadaten
  • G'MIC Unterstützung für die Windows QT Version
  • Pinsel: Pinsel können nun eine gerade Größe haben
  • Scripting: Page hat eine PageNumber-Abfrage
  • Scripting: Paste/Duplicate können an Ende der Wurzelebene einer Seite einfügen
  • Textwerkzeug: Erlaubt es nun auch, die Schriftart in allen Ebenen einer Gruppe zu ändern
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen
shijan
Mitglied

Re: Neue Testversion 23.90b1

Beitrag von shijan »

Some other problems fixed in 23.5:
  • Request/Idea: Enable Hand Tool double-click if zoom is larger than 100%.
  • Color Picker Command+Mouse Drag ignores "From Active Layer" setting if pick color from selected Group layer.
  • Program crash if use Hue Editor or Curves in Hue mode, create 2 (or more) points, select them all, and move points to top/bottom/left/right outside adjustment window border.
  • If Preferences->Extended->System->Insert Position set to "Centered " or "At Mouse Position", pasted image ignore pixel grid when "Pixel Mode" and "Use Pixel Grid" is enabled, and may produce half pixel shift problem and blurry image.
  • Light Effects 3D red ball needs Command + Drag to 10 degree snapping.
  • Threshold histogram preview ignores layer mask.
  • Bug in Optimize HDR adjustment if click Reset button two times.
  • White Point filter generates color tint if "Limit" set to 50%
  • "Distribute Layers Horizontally/Vertically/Equally" produce half pixel shift when "Use Pixel Grid" enabled.
Some other problems fixed in 23.9b1:
  • If Quick Export or Export to folder that already contains exported images - it creates new files with "_1" suffix. If export to same folder second time - program hangs.
  • If Quick Export layer that have no name, it generates file with empty name which reads as "invisible" file by OS.
  • Some icons disappear from menu and toolbar if click to "Quick Export Path" and then change Panel Layout preset.
  • In Vibrance adjustment filter Dynamic slider use steps 2 4 6 8... instead of 1 2 3 4...
  • In Curves, Hue editor and other curves-based tools it is impossible to drag and remove points, if there are less than 3 points.
  • Checkmark near active Preset is missing in Mini Adjustment window presets menu.
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Fr 14 Okt 2022 13:14, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

I want to discuss formal bug when Adjustment filter slider handle resets by double click to last used value instead or simply reset to 0. This happens if switch to other layer and then back to Adjustment filter.
Here is how to reproduce:
- add any adjustment filter layer
- drag slider to any value (for example 40)
- select any other layer
- select same adjustment filter layer
- double click to same slider
- problem: slider remains unchanged at value 40. If change slider to other value (for example 20), and double click to it - it will reset now to value 40.
Bild

Martin Huber's reply was: "That's the intended behaviour. Double-clicking should reset to the value shown when opening the dialog."
But i believe that it is sort of strange logic... In any app double-click just reset slider to default (same as global Reset button, but for single slider). So i guess any user will expect that it work like this.

Also seems Eye Preview icon button in Color Filter affected by same strange logic...
Here is how to reproduce:
- Create Levels adjustment layer and move some slider to see some changes.
- Add Color Filter to Levels
- Add some some range in Color Filter
- Click eye icon. It turns on/off Color Filter preview as expected.
- Close Color Filter and open it again.
- Click eye icon.
- Problem: instead of on/off Color Filter preview, it don't do anything.
- But if change range in Color Filter again, eye icon start to show changes before/after changes.
Bild
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
PPaul
Mitglied

Beitrag von PPaul »

Hi,
changing the transparancy of an image with a gradient in a mask doesn't seem to work anymore.
in 23.90b1 and in 23.50. Also changing the effect of an adjustment layer with a gradient. Painting works OK.
This does function in 23.4b13, but there, after applying the gradient, I can't change that anymore.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

PPaul, you need to switch vector mask to Luminance mode
Bild
csanchez
Mitglied

Beitrag von csanchez »

You can change the fill/outline of shape using the color buttons on the toolbar but not using the color buttons in the tool settings.
Bild
PhotoLine 23.50
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

csanchez, This is not a bug.
In Tool Settings you set color of object that will be created.
In Toolbox (and in Layer Attributes) you change color of existing object.
Zuletzt geändert von shijan am Fr 14 Okt 2022 07:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
PPaul
Mitglied

Beitrag von PPaul »

you need to switch vector mask to Luminance mode
OK, thanks. I never would have guessed that!
Still, with a normal image mask, I can't change the gradient after I set it.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

PPaul, gradient works fine
Bild
PPaul
Mitglied

Beitrag von PPaul »

Yes, in a vector mask, but it used to work in an image mask or adjustment layer. I was able to make an adjustment with a gradient (e.g. from outline filter), move the layer or change the adjustment settings, go back to the adjustment layer and change the gradient. I can't do that anymore.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

PPaul hat geschrieben: Fr 14 Okt 2022 08:01I was able to make an adjustment with a gradient (e.g. from outline filter), move the layer or change the adjustment settings, go back to the adjustment layer and change the gradient. I can't do that anymore.
I just tried that with a newly created adjustment layer and couldn't reproduce the problem.

Can you give me step by step instructions on what you are doing?

Martin
PPaul
Mitglied

Beitrag von PPaul »

OK:
import a photo into a document
make adjustment layer, e.g. hue/saturation. Change the settings, e.g. the saturation to '0'
make a color gradient in the adjustment layer, e.g. circular, the effect is visible
click on the image, or deselect it.
now select the adjustment layer
the handles to change the gradient are gone, the adjustment layer is just a 'flat' image.
also, in the tool settings of the gradient, I can't change anything anymore in the adjustment

I can make a film tonight and send it to you.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

PPaul hat geschrieben: Fr 14 Okt 2022 12:29 import a photo into a document
make adjustment layer, e.g. hue/saturation. Change the settings, e.g. the saturation to '0'
make a color gradient in the adjustment layer, e.g. circular, the effect is visible
click on the image, or deselect it.
Note: When the gradient tool is selected and you use "Edit > Deselect", this command will discard the editable gradient.
PPaul hat geschrieben: Fr 14 Okt 2022 12:29 now select the adjustment layer
the handles to change the gradient are gone, the adjustment layer is just a 'flat' image.
also, in the tool settings of the gradient, I can't change anything anymore in the adjustment
I still can't reproduce that. However, I have noticed that when I quit PhotoLine with Cmd+Q and an active gradient tool, the "In active layer" tool setting is saved incorrectly. In your PhotoLine, the "In active layer" setting is turned on?
PPaul hat geschrieben: Fr 14 Okt 2022 12:29 I can make a film tonight and send it to you.
Yes, please do that.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Guess when layer mask placed inside layer, it automatically converted to 8 bit grayscale. This "fixes" layer and so it is impossible to edit gradient anymore.
PPaul
Mitglied

Beitrag von PPaul »

Solved! I had the mix mode of the mask layer set to 'Luminance'. So the layer was fixed. In the Normal mode, it works fine.
Thanks Gerhard!