Neue Testversion 23.90b8

Hier diskutieren die Betatester von PhotoLine untereinander und mit den Entwicklern
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Neue Testversion 23.90b8

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Hallo,

es gibt wieder eine neue Testversion 23.90b8.

Windows:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/pl2390b8.zip

macOS:
https://www.pl32.com/beta/plx2390b8.zip

Neues:
  • Arbeiten am Eventhandling: Das sollte die geschilderten Probleme mit Maus und Tablett beheben
  • Diverse Fehlerbehebungen und kleinere Verbesserungen
gmhofmann
Betatester

Re: Neue Testversion 23.90b8

Beitrag von gmhofmann »

Meine Mausprobleme sind weg. DANKE!
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

Some other problems fixed in 23.9b7:
  • Brush size in thumbnail preview is 0.5 less than in slider.
  • JPEG XL, JPEG2000 or EXR resizes when pasted to Document of same size. (As it was explained by Martin Huber: This happens because new file formats don't have a resolution. In 23.9b7 in these cases the resolution is read from the EXIF data. But if there is no EXIF data, that also fails)
Some other problems fixed in 23.9b8:
  • Brush size number don't match to real brush size in pixels.
  • Request/Idea: Use Brush size Diameter instead of Radius.
  • Zoom synchronously with mouse wheel is broken when apply to multiple Tiled windows
  • In Windows version there are some button icons in Tool Settings that remains too small and distorted.
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Not sure if it's a bug or a wanted behaviour:
I opened the color list > document colors and wanted to change a color for test purposes.
Clicking a color instantly selects it as fill color of an active vector layer, even with a right click.

And a little inconvenince:
I copied a color to the clipboard and wanted to replace a given document color.
But where could I paste it?
Finally, I used copy/paste of the html code.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
JanH
Mitglied

Beitrag von JanH »

Another two small observations regarding the new icons on the general toolbar:

1. At least on a non-High-DPI screen, the "close" button has turned into an amorphous blob that's not really discernible. After clicking on it caused the toolbar to disappear, I realised that those two tiny smudges are the same minimize and close button that are present on all the other panels, but before that I didn't really make that connection. (It also doesn't help that the close and minimize buttons don't have any tooltip/status bar help, so hovering over those buttons didn't reveal anything about their function).
PL general toolbar icons.png
With the old icon set, the "close" cross was still tiny, but just about discernible, though somewhere between v21 and v23 the contrast between button and background already suffered somewhat. With the new icon set the contrast is restored, however like I said the cross shape is no longer recognisable at all.

2. The empty page used for "New Image" is now coloured in such a grey that I subconsciously keep wondering whether that button is supposed to be disabled or not. (And some of the adjacent icons do use a more clean shade of white, which only serves to strengthen that "button is disabled" impression.)
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

JanH hat geschrieben: Do 09 Mär 2023 23:01 Another two small observations regarding the new icons on the general toolbar:
Yep, in horizontal single row those buttons change size and became extra tiny in both macOS and Windows version. Maybe it is more logical instead of two resized buttons show only one normal sized "X" (close) button?
Bild
Bild

Bild
Bild

To get rid of other endless icon problems just use my custom icon set from here https://www.deviantart.com/shijan/art/825902404
PhotoLine UI Icons Customization Project: https://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6302
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Document colors

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Do 09 Mär 2023 20:51 Not sure if it's a bug or a wanted behaviour:
I opened the color list > document colors and wanted to change a color for test purposes.
Clicking a color instantly selects it as fill color of an active vector layer, even with a right click.
I don't like that either, but what is the alternative?
Double-clicking to apply doesn't work because that is needed for editing. An apply button at the bottom?
Hoogo hat geschrieben: Do 09 Mär 2023 20:51And a little inconvenince:
I copied a color to the clipboard and wanted to replace a given document color.
But where could I paste it?
Finally, I used copy/paste of the html code.
You can paste colors in the Color Editor using the large color field at the right side.
Theoretically, the context menu could be context-sensitve and right-clicking a color cell could show a different content menu than right-clicking anywhere else.

Martin
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Document colors

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 10 Mär 2023 16:22I don't like that either, but what is the alternative?
Double-clicking to apply doesn't work because that is needed for editing. An apply button at the bottom?
A single click to apply is fine, it works that way in any color list.
Next thing that came to my mind was right click + edit. Only problem is that the color is also applied. If that could be suppressed, it would be fine.
Martin Huber hat geschrieben: Fr 10 Mär 2023 16:22You can paste colors in the Color Editor using the large color field at the right side.
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!
JanH
Mitglied

Beitrag von JanH »

shijan hat geschrieben: Mi 08 Mär 2023 15:17
  • Brush size number don't match to real brush size in pixels.
  • Request/Idea: Use Brush size Diameter instead of Radius.
In a way it makes sense and I don't want to argue too strongly against that change, but just for the record – while it might make sense longer term, for the short term that change is somewhat annoying because I need to re-learn all my favourite/typical brush sizes.
shijan
Mitglied

Beitrag von shijan »

All current image editors and painters use diameter value for brush size. Radius for brush size in PhotoLine was very unusual way to go. Also seems that radius delivered a lot of problems for developers in last few beta versions:
It was impossible to set brush diameter 3,5,7,9... and so on because slider steps where radius 2,3,4,5... which only gives diameter 4,6,8,10...
Same time Radius 1 gives brush diameter 1 which looked very unlogical.
Then developers add 0.5 steps. But sliders and input text fields became show different values.
Then they fixed sliders and input text fields problem, but then brush size number don't match to real brush size in pixels because It started from value 1 instead of 0.5.

As you can see, all those problems could be avoided if brush size used diameter from start. I suggested to use diameter instead of radius about 2 years ago :)
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Document colors

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben: Fr 10 Mär 2023 19:52 Next thing that came to my mind was right click + edit. Only problem is that the color is also applied. If that could be suppressed, it would be fine.
I will change that. Double-clicking or right-clicking a document color will no longer assign it.
The change for double-clicks has as consequence that for single-clicks a short delay occurs before a color is assigned.

I will change the color lists, the brush list and the line style list accordingly.

Martin