Darstellungsgeschwindigkeit großer Pinsel

SCX
Mitglied

Darstellungsgeschwindigkeit großer Pinsel

Beitrag von SCX »

Hallo,

wenn man aus einem Bild einen eigenen Pinsel erstellt (Grungepinsel z. B.) und dieser sehr groß ist, ist der Neuaufbau des Pinsels nach jeder Bewegung sehr zeitaufwändig. Im beigefügten Beispiel dauert es mehrere Sekunden auf meinem PC. Die Linien verschwinden, werden wieder aufgebaut, verschwinden und werden wieder aufgebaut, dann kann ich weitermachen. Das sind mehrere Sekunden bei mir und macht das Benutzen solcher Pinsel zum Teil etwas zur Qual. Wenn man hingegen damit malt, bleiben diese Linien und werden nicht neu aufgebaut. Man kann diese Pinsel also sehr gut benutzen.

Ich weiß nicht, was technisch dahintersteckt, aber könnte man die Anzeige beim Bewegen der Pinsel ohne zu malen nicht der Anzeige während des malens angleichen, sodaß dieser ständige Neuaufbau der Linien wegfallen würde?

Grüße
SCX
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Juan
Mitglied

Re: Darstellungsgeschwindigkeit großer Pinsel

Beitrag von Juan »

Hi,

Sorry to post in english but I made the same request some time ago about this as well, the number 3 specific.
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 806#p21806

Cheers
Juan
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Von welcher Pinslgröße sprichst du denn? Ich habe mir mal einen Pinsel aus einem ca. 1000 x 1000 Pixel großen detailreichen Bildausschnitt gemacht, damit kann ich — wie ich finde — überraschend flott arbeiten, sowohl beim Malen als auch beim Positionieren. (PL 17.11 oder 17.50b6 64 bit auf Mac OS 10.8.2).

L.G.

Burkhard.
SCX
Mitglied

Beitrag von SCX »

Die Pinselgröße ist in der Regel 500 bis 1000 Pixel.
Juan hat geschrieben:Sorry to post in english but I made the same request some time ago about this as well, the number 3 specific.
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... 806#p21806
That's exactly the problem on my computer too. Maybe it's just to slow?
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

SCX hat geschrieben:Die Pinselgröße ist in der Regel 500 bis 1000 Pixel.
That's exactly the problem on my computer too. Maybe it's just to slow?
Mine is a Core 2 Duo (2 cores, 2.66 MHz, not really that impressive). Maybe it's a Win only issue?

Cheers

Burkhard.
SCX
Mitglied

Beitrag von SCX »

Intel Core i3-2100 @ 3.1 GHz
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

Here is a sample brush with you can see the slowdown http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/1665-the-grasslands, when you install it you can use this one for example on a blank picture.
Brush.jpg
You can use the normal brush tool and just moving it around the document you will see how slow the redraw gets. That´s why I think a bitmap overlay would be awesome for this cases so we can toggle between outline and bitmap.
Mine is Xeon E5502 1.86GHz and 8 Gb Ram.

Cheers
Juan
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Juan hat geschrieben:Here is a sample brush with you can see the slowdown http://www.brusheezy.com/brushes/1665-the-grasslands, when you install it you can use this one for example on a blank picture.
No problems here — the brush outline moves absolutely smmothly, at various zoom levels.

Btw., I am a bit puzzled to see that brush sizes are displayed differently on Windows — apparently PL on Win displays brush diameters while the Mac version displays radiuses. (The actual brush in your example is about 360 px high on the Mac but the size is displayed as 180 in the Tools palette. But the same happens for ordinary brushes.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
Juan
Mitglied

Beitrag von Juan »

bkh hat geschrieben:No problems here — the brush outline moves absolutely smmothly, at various zoom levels.
I envy you now :).
So maybe is a windows problem only like you said?
Here is a small video to show how bad is the redraw:
http://youtu.be/BhiyZSsim6I
bkh hat geschrieben:Btw., I am a bit puzzled to see that brush sizes are displayed differently on Windows — apparently PL on Win displays brush diameters while the Mac version displays radiuses. (The actual brush in your example is about 360 px high on the Mac but the size is displayed as 180 in the Tools palette. But the same happens for ordinary brushes.)
Even here on windows shows 180px but is about 360px, no clue why, maybe somebody with photoshop could see if that size match or not, or is a radius value like you said.

Cheers
Juan
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

Wieder ein interessanter Artikel, schön bunt gemischt in deutsch und englisch :wink:
Another interesting article, blended beautifully colorful in german and english :wink:

Ich hätte da mal eine Zwischenfrage: Wie erstellt man in PhotoLine einen Pinsel aus einem Bild um dann eventuell Grunge-Effekte aufzutragen?
I have since even a side question: How do you create in PhotoLine apply a brush from an image and then possibly grunge effects?

Gruß/Cheers Torsten
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Juan hat geschrieben: So maybe is a windows problem only like you said?
Here is a small video to show how bad is the redraw:
http://youtu.be/BhiyZSsim6I
Oops, what a difference. But if it works on the Mac, this means that there should be a solution on Windows as well.
Juan hat geschrieben:Even here on windows shows 180px but is about 360px, no clue why, maybe somebody with photoshop could see if that size match or not, or is a radius value like you said.
I see — I somehow thought that the brush previews which you showed were a screenshot of the PL brush list. Probably it's from PS, then.

Cheers

Burkhard.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Torsten hat geschrieben:Ich hätte da mal eine Zwischenfrage: Wie erstellt man in PhotoLine einen Pinsel aus einem Bild um dann eventuell Grunge-Effekte aufzutragen?
I have since even a side question: How do you create in PhotoLine apply a brush from an image and then possibly grunge effects?
Just copy a picture (or a part of it) to the clipboard, then right-click (ctrl-click on the Mac) into the brush shape preview in the Toolbar and choose "Paste".
context menu.png
Might get a little slow when brush sizes exceed 1000 px x 1000 px.

Cheers

Burkhard.

P.S. I hope you don't mind me answering in one language only :D
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

WOW - it's so simply :)
bkh hat geschrieben: P.S. I hope you don't mind me answering in one language only :D
Das geht schon in Ordnung, Danke für Deine schnelle Antwort.

Aber diese typschen echten Brushes macht man anders oder? Da muss man die Form freistellen oder?

Gruß Torsten
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

If you want to add the brush to the brush list, you have to open it using "view > lists > brush list". There you can add your brush in just the same manner.

Sure, "real" brushes need some kind of nice masking, but, depending on your picture, that doesn't mean too much. Sometimes it just needs a little bit curves and painting, and your mask is done. But its somewhat odd that the usual layer masks treat white as opaque, while brushes treat white as transparent.
Torsten
Mitglied

Beitrag von Torsten »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:If you want to add the brush to the brush list, you have to open it using "view > lists > brush list". There you can add your brush in just the same manner.

Sure, "real" brushes need some kind of nice masking, but, depending on your picture, that doesn't mean too much. Sometimes it just needs a little bit curves and painting, and your mask is done. But its somewhat odd that the usual layer masks treat white as opaque, while brushes treat white as transparent.
Dankeschön Hoogo :)

Gibt es eigentlich Einschränkungen wenn man Brushes in PL einsetzt die in einem anderen Programm erstellt wurden?