Open EXR files

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
dennisqdw
Mitglied

Open EXR files

Beitrag von dennisqdw »

Like many people I'm looking for an alternative to Photoshop. I specifically use exr files a lot in my 3D work. Does anyone out there have much experience with them and Photoline. Can you tell me how robust Photoline is with their use? thanx.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Open EXR files

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

I use Photoline with Blender's multi-layered 32bpc EXR files, and it works without issues. You just need to be careful with naming the layers properly in order for them to be re-imported into Blender's compositor.

The great thing about Photoline's EXR import is that it supports multi-layered EXR files out of the box, which Photoshop does not (you will need a commercial plugin for this).

Photoline does not deal with z-depth layers, though, which is understandable. Would be nice though if it would at some point in the future.

Also nice is that Photoline (when in image/picture mode) relies on the background layer for the final output intent - which means EXR imported layers retain their full colour information even when the background layer is set to gray-scale, for example. Switch the background layer to 16bpc, and the colour returns. Very cool.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
dennisqdw
Mitglied

Re: Open EXR files

Beitrag von dennisqdw »

Thanx, that's just the answer I wanted to hear! --ds