Dual screens

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Dual screens

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

For a long time I've been considering using two screens. Yes I know that you can set up Windows etc etc.

My question is - If I use my laptop with an additional screen. (A longtime favourite Dell unit). Can I use Photoline as 'normal' on the laptop and have just a viewing external screen. I want to be able to zoom in and out on the laptop. Make changes but all the time have the large screen locked on 'Full View' view. Or is it so that when ever I zoom in on the laptop the image on the large screen will follow suit? The reason I ask is that with the extra screen I will be able to see the results of any editing without having to zoom in and out each time to see the overall affect. And to complicate things I need a special, 'expensive', cable to connect the two so I'm reluctant to order a new cable if it wont work.

Clear? Or am I asking the impossible or another silly question? :?

bruce
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Dual screens

Beitrag von photoken »

I don't know the answer to your question, but as an alternative you can open a new window for the image, tile the windows, keep one window set to "Full View" and zoom the other window to your heart's content for working.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben: Do 20 Jul 2017 02:22 I don't know the answer to your question, but as an alternative you can open a new window for the image, tile the windows, keep one window set to "Full View" and zoom the other window to your heart's content for working.
Afaik, you'll have to follow this approach even if you have two monitors. A second monitor only extends the screen space of your first monitor, and you'll have to drag your windows there to use the extra space. I don't think that PL has a special preview mode on the second screen.

Anyway, first check how the video card in your laptop treats multiple monitors. Some only support mirroring (same content on laptop and external monitor).

Besides, the colour management in PL doesn't support multiple monitors, so you'll have wrong colours on one of your screens.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Unfortunately enough, PhotoLine main window is restrictive: it is not possible to drag an image window "out" of the parent main window.

I use three screens, and it is a bit frustrating at times, because PhotoLine's editing is pretty much limited to one screen. Unless the window is stretched across multiple screens, but that is very inconvenient. Tools and panels can be placed anywhere, though.

So, in short: NO, it is not possible, unfortunately.

@bkh: colour management is not supported for multiple screens? I never noticed. That is... not good. It seems I've been lucky working with the main window on the main screen only so far.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Maybe there is an opportunity for the developers to do something 'new'. Hint! Something that even Adobe hasn't got. (To my knowledge). A feature that lets you run a second screen. And the ability to 'lock' the second screen in one mode while the editing screen is in another mode. Or simply a list of options that could be applied/locked for each screen.

I have no idea as I have never used a second screen. I guess it also is dependent on which Win version as well. (OK Apple as well). Colour management also becomes an issue.

There must be a lot, hundreds, thousands, of users using two screen for editing. A whole new market.

bruce
chrischa
Mitglied

Beitrag von chrischa »

I've been using Photoline with two screens for a long time now. My setup: Main Window on a large 16:9-Screen, all panels outside the main window on an older 4:3-Screen. I saved several different presets, depending on what I'm working on. What you could try: Put the map on one screen (full size), so you always can see the complete image.
Photoline 23 unter Windows 10/64 Bit