Topaz Studio followup

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Topaz Studio followup

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

This thread is addressed to the developers.

If you have been reading my other posts re Topaz Studio this is a follow up that I believe needs to be addressed. (Need some plugin help - Help with artifacts).
I now believe Photoline has a 'problem'.

I open Photoline and load a 140meg tiff.
Duplicate a layer.
I can send that layer to Studio ONLY once. A second time doesn't work.
(I can open Paintshop Pro and open the layer multiple time).
So Photoline is prevented from opening Studio a second time.

Now it gets interesting.
I can load a 140meg tiff and duplicate the layer in PL. Send that layer to Paintshop Pro via the External editor feature multiple times. ie use Paintshop Pro to access Studio.
However. If I open a 140meg tiff. Duplicate the layer. Send that layer to Studio from PL it works ok. But wont work the second time. Now if I then send that layer to Paintshop Pro via the external editor Studio fails to open it in Paintshop Pro as well.
So what ever is happening is happening when the file exits Studio back to PL. As long as I don't use Studio in PL Paintshop Pro will open the file in Studio numerous times. However anytime I use Studio in Pl even Paintshop Pro/Studio can't open it.

Also the Artifacts return to the image.

Could you please check to see if files coming back from Studio, in PL, aren't being corrupted?

Thanks.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Re: Topaz Studio followup

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Any thoughts on what may be happening with files coming back from Topaz Studio into Photoline?

bruce
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

It may not be helpful, but I tested it on macOS:
- macOS 10.13.1, 1 GB video ram
- PhotoLine 20.51 64 bit
- Topaz Studio 1.5.3
- in PhotoLine I had a background image (RGB, 16-Bit, 7862x5242 pixel) and a duplicate of that image. Topaz Studio was used to edit the duplicate.
- I used both: the plug-in and Topaz Studio as an external application.
- I only applied a single preset in Topaz Studio and then returned the image back to PhotoLine.

I didn't find any problem. I edited the image four times in Topaz Studio.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Martin. It seems that there is no hard and fast problem. Reading various forums the problem is a random issue. Many PSP users are having trouble yet I have none with PSP on the same computer

Bruce
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

There is a theory among the Photoshop folks who are having the same issue that Studio is writing an incompatible tiff format.

bruce