Remove Brush and the PhotoLine way

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Antworten
photo120
Mitglied

Remove Brush and the PhotoLine way

Beitrag von photo120 »

I have made the move to primarily using PhotoLine over Photoshop and Affinity Photo and still getting used to the way things are done. Overall I prefer many of the features in PL but there are some functionality that I find are either missing or I just don't understand how they are done. Hoping someone could chime in.

I am using the "Remove Brush" in PL and I find there is no tablet sensitivity support. In PS/AP I can control the side of the brush using pressure from my pen and tablet combo just like I can with the regular brush. Is this not supported or and I missing something?

Also, in Photoshop I can select different blend modes when using the healing / spot blemish brush, i.e. I can use the brush to only remove light spots and ignore darker textures. Maybe there is a better way of doing things?

I am wondering how I may have to adjust my workflows. I love how PL does a lot of things (being able to work in Lab color mode without changing the entire document is amazing) but then I find some of the tools are not as refined. I'm wondering if I should do all my color work in PL then export a TIFF and work in Affinity of Photoshop, then return if needed.
bkh
Betatester

Re: Remove Brush and the PhotoLine way

Beitrag von bkh »

As far as I know, the behaviour of the remove brush is intentional – it replaces image content by content elsewhere in the image, so blending and soft edge don't really make sense.

If you really need blending or a soft edge, you can add a transparent layer on top with the appropriate blend mode (make sure that you choose "Active layer and below" in the tool settings for your tool) and draw your adjustments there. This has the additional benefit that you preserve the original image and allows you to undo your edits losslessly.

Cheers

Burkhard
photo120
Mitglied

Beitrag von photo120 »

I do like how well the remove brush works. I wish the brush size could be changes using tablet pressure as it is a lot more flexible.
der_fotograf
Mitglied

Beitrag von der_fotograf »

There is no dynamic »on the go« resizing available, but you can press ⌘ (CMD) in macOS and move the pointer to increase or decrease the inner circle -> meaning to alter the softness of the brush (as with all brushes).
Nur wenige wissen, wie viel man wissen muss, um zu wissen, wie wenig man weiss.
Only few know how much you have to know to know how little you know.
— Werner Heisenberg [German theoretical physicist]
Antworten