how create or import brush ?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
mOOnSlide
Mitglied

how create or import brush ?

Beitrag von mOOnSlide »

Hello,

I don't no how create or import brush to Photoline 32, like gimp ?
Witch procedure can i use please ?
Thanks a lot :)

PS : sorry for my english, i'm french :oops:
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I don't know how it is done by gimp. I know about one way in PL32, there may be more.

-Paint your brush or load it as a picture. White pixels will be transparent, black wil be full, all the rest will be transparent according to the Lab(?)-brightness, so it's a good idea to convert the picture to 8bit greyscale.
-Create a lasso. Or simply press Ctrl-A to select the whole layer into the lasso.
-View > Lists > Brush list. It does not work with the simple brushlist from the toolbar.
-Right click into the brushlist. Near the top appears an entry "Create from lasso". That will turn the lasso into a brush, that brush now appears in the brushlist.

There are also "laod", "Save" and "Merge" in that menu. That's not meant to load a single picture as a brush, but to load complete brushlists.
mOOnSlide
Mitglied

Beitrag von mOOnSlide »

Thanks for your help Hoogo :)

But it's more difficult than the gimp !
To gimp, you load a picture and you save it to brush :wink: the same think for the textures.

Perhaps Photoline32 will be more simple for this action in the future.
So it's a very good application, and i hope its development will be continue for a long time.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

It's very easy in PL32 too. If you have the Brush List or the Pattern List open, you can drag any image with the layer tool to the list.

Gerhard
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Ah, I just found how to do that drag and drop-thing :)
The Background-layer usually has a lock that protects it from being moved around. It can be disabled in the layer-list, or you have to hold the ALT-key to move it with the layer tool. Then it works with drag & drop.
mOOnSlide
Mitglied

Beitrag von mOOnSlide »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:It's very easy in PL32 too. If you have the Brush List or the Pattern List open, you can drag any image with the layer tool to the list.

Gerhard
Oh yes.. thanks a lot ! it's very simple , like gimp ! thanks again and long life to Photoline32.

Sorry for the disturbance :oops: