Color Management

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Color Management

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

In the Preferences > Color Management > dialog, in "Rendering Intent" the options offered are "Perceptual", "Relative Colorimetric", "Absolute Colorimetric" and "Saturation".

In this context, what do those terms actually mean?

Also, what does "Freeway 3 Default ..." mean?

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Color Management

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben:In the Preferences > Color Management > dialog, in "Rendering Intent" the options offered are "Perceptual", "Relative Colorimetric", "Absolute Colorimetric" and "Saturation".
You can use rendering intents to show PL32 for what purpose your image was designed. It's not so easy to understand this, so I would suggest to search the web for more information.
greenmorpher hat geschrieben:Also, what does "Freeway 3 Default ..." mean?
I think it's a profile installed on your computer, isn't it?

Gerhard[/quote]
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

some great explanations on rendering intent can be found here:

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutori ... ersion.htm
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Re: Color Management

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
greenmorpher hat geschrieben:In the Preferences > Color Management > dialog, in "Rendering Intent" the options offered are "Perceptual", "Relative Colorimetric", "Absolute Colorimetric" and "Saturation".
You can use rendering intents to show PL32 for what purpose your image was designed. It's not so easy to understand this, so I would suggest to search the web for more information.
Sigh! Okay, Gerhard, I'll try to find it on the net.
greenmorpher hat geschrieben:Also, what does "Freeway 3 Default ..." mean?
I think it's a profile installed on your computer, isn't it?
Not that I know of. I do still have Freeway, a web authoring program installed, but I didn’t know it had installed a color profile anywhere. Certainly I've never consciously used it and no other program has accessed it!

Lutz -- thanks for that lead. I'll chase it up.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com