Rounded corners on a rectangle

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
stabilo
Mitglied

Rounded corners on a rectangle

Beitrag von stabilo »

Hi,

All is in the subject.

I have not found how making rounded corners on a rectangle.

Is it possible ?

Thanks.

Stabilo.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

PL32 has many vector forms to create certain forms. You can find this tool in the toolbar, second row, second column. Klick on the icon and hold the key pressed, you will get a selection, one of it is a rounded rectangle.

Gerhard
stabilo
Mitglied

Beitrag von stabilo »

In fact, i would have, not a rounded rectangle but a rectangle with only rounded corners (like in photoshop).

Thanks.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Hiya Stabilo

I am not familiar with Photoshop (stopped using it at v.5, haven't used it for something like 10 years).

Can you explain a little more what you mean by a "rounded rectangle" and a "rectangle with only rounded corners (like in Photoshop)".

I can't imagine what "rounded rectangle" would be ... except an oval!

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
stabilo
Mitglied

Beitrag von stabilo »

I joined a picture to illustrate my request at following url below.

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dc5wqcs2_1hsjg9t
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

you can setup the radius of the round corners. If you choose a small radius, you will get a result as your left one. If you choose a big radius, you will get a result as your right example.

Gerhard
stabilo
Mitglied

Beitrag von stabilo »

Thanks for your answer.

But i don't see how setup radius for square or rectangle.

When i click on vector icon (in the toolbar, second row, second column) and select square (second form) or clip (eleventh form), none adjustment succeeds. I only obtain results as my right example.

Excuse me for my insistence but i really want to understand.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

you have to select the tool for the rounded corner rect (it's cyan). This tool has a radius slider in the tool options dialog.

Gerhard
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Hello Stabilo

Okay, let's start at the beginning again.

You want the rounded corner rectangle tool to start with. That is in the second row in the toolbox, on the right, next ot the hand tool and just under the pointer tool. The default in my menu is a circle; click and hold on that and a mini-toolbox will jump out showing a row of tools. The second one along is the rectangle, and the third is the rounded corner rectangle, which is showing up in mind with the corners turned in, not out, so it actually looks a bit like a fat cross.

Now, you also need the palette "Tool Settings" open. Gerhard and Martin call this a Dialog instead of a palette as it is called in most other programs (I suppose they are both good French words with Latin roots, so what are we worried about?). To find this, go Menu Bar > View > Dialogs > Tool Settings.

This is a pretty cool tool-palette combination.

Now draw your rectangle. Go to the Toll Settings palette/dialog and use the slider to determine how big you want the radius for the corners to be and whether you want them positive or negative.

NOTE: Get this right at this point -- so far as I can see, you can't get back to this slider again for this rectangle, once you have left the tool and gone to, e.g. the pointer tool. (Is this right, Gerhard? There is only once chance to do this for any given figure? It would be good to be able to return to that later and use that slider again.)

HOWEVER -- you can also edit the corners in other ways. Click with the pointer on the rectangle to select it, then double click to select the special pointer further down the tools menu that allows you to edit the individual points. You will notice bthat each point at a corner has a little arm sticking out with a tiny "x" at the end of it. You can move the points and you can move the arms around to change the corners.

Cheers, Geoff

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben:so far as I can see, you can't get back to this slider again for this rectangle, once you have left the tool and gone to, e.g. the pointer tool. (Is this right, Gerhard? There is only once chance to do this for any given figure? It would be good to be able to return to that later and use that slider again.)
Out of curiosity I just tested this. If you go on to do other things, then use the Layer selection tool (arrow), to reselect that shape's layer, and IF you select the same tool that was used to create it again, then you can use that shape's options to change it again, as well as its color, line style, line size, etc..

Nice.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Koyaanis hat geschrieben:
greenmorpher hat geschrieben:so far as I can see, you can't get back to this slider again for this rectangle, once you have left the tool and gone to, e.g. the pointer tool. (Is this right, Gerhard? There is only on chance to do this for any given figure? It would be good to be able to return to that later and use that slider again.)
Out of curiosity I just tested this. If you go on to do other things, then use the Layer selection tool (arrow), to reselect that shape's layer, and IF you select the same tool that was used to create it again, then you can use that shape's options to change it again, as well as its color, line style, line size, etc..

Nice.
Whoa! Very nice indeed. I thought I had tried that, but I must have stopped mid-step or something. Excellent. As I said, a very kewl tool set, and that completes it.
Thanks Kooyanis -- and, of course, Gerhard and Martin for cunning programming!

Cheers, Geoff