Crashes when processing large files

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
henstt

Crashes when processing large files

Beitrag von henstt »

Photoline is a great editor.
However, since I use it (version 8.x untill 10.0) it suffers from crashes during processing. In particular using the clut-tool and using the free lasso + contrast/brightness causes it to crash within 15 to 30 mintutes of working.

I use Win98 2nd edition, 1Gb of RAM, 40Gb disk. Images are about 12Mpixels. File format TIFF and JPEG (no difference regarding crashes)

Does any have a solution or work around?

Thanks for reading my message and trying to help.

Tiny
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Crashes when processing large files

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

henstt hat geschrieben:However, since I use it (version 8.x untill 10.0) it suffers from crashes during processing. In particular using the clut-tool and using the free lasso + contrast/brightness causes it to crash within 15 to 30 mintutes of working.
I use Win98 2nd edition, 1Gb of RAM, 40Gb disk. Images are about 12Mpixels. File format TIFF and JPEG (no difference regarding crashes)
Does any have a solution or work around?
If you use very large files (you do so) you should try to reduce the amount of Undo-steps. If you work long time on big images PL32 will need very much memory for Undos and other response. PL32 will ask Windows for this memory. Windows will try to swap memory to the harddisk to get virtual memory. The virtual memory management of Win98 is not very stable. So it would be better to work with the professional line of Winodws (NT/2000/XP).

Gerhard