greenmorpher hat geschrieben:Omigawd! You guys are flying so far above my level that I can't even see you with a telescope!
It becomes an obsession once you start to learn how the tools work.

It's a bit like reading. At first you're just happy to recognize the letters A, B, C. Then you learn to recognize words. Then you can't stop reading whole books in one sitting taking in a paragraph at time. No doubt if you started talking about the intricacies of Canvas you'd have most of us lost too!
JulianZI is suggesting a nice feature. I'm not sure how often I'd make use of that, but I can see how it would be valuable. In lieu of that in a copy-brush, you could just make a whole new brush/stamp out of any selection and paste it anywhere you want, rotate it, resize it, apply any effect to that selected layer that you want. In effect, doing the exact same thing with tools that are already built in. Try the stamp tool, and use the "create from lasso" option in the tools palette, it might suffice in some instances. If there was a small rotate and scale option on that stamp-tool's options panel it would probably do most of what you are suggesting. After creating a layer from a selection just rotate and modify that before using the stamp tool's options, would that work? I don't think the copy brush was meant to be a supplement for the layer tools, but I can see how it might be handy having them all on one tool options panel.
(time passes ... like 1/2 hour ...)
Adding some after-thoughts ... I'm starting to like this idea. I just now thought about how many times I'm trying to rebuild large sections of foliage or other textures, beach areas, rocks, etc. Where a slight rotation to level the image clips off large corners on the main image and I don't want to lose the composition. So I try to rebuild whole sections of the photo from existing structures in that photo. The problem comes with trying to make the cloned areas imperceptible. It's easy to spot duplicate parts of an image in a photo if you don't sample from lots of areas to randomize the details. With the rotate, resize, skew, and mirror functions it would be a breeze to make invisible additions to a photo.
So, YES! I vote for this too!
Nice idea.
