The Color Engine

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Loadus
Mitglied

The Color Engine

Beitrag von Loadus »

I've been using Photoline for some time now and this thing amazing. I can do all the tricks in the book with this program. A big thanks for this software.

Couple of requests, nothing critical though: Can you add an option in the Color Management settings to select between different color engines. I have Adobe's and Kodak's CMM's installed and they do their job everytime a profile with their corresponding tag is used.

But I work in a very wide colorspace and the color correction on the display looks a bit horrid sometimes, so I'd like the option of using Adobe's (or Kodak's) CMM to correct the display.

The "use transparency" option in the layer's properties: can this be changed so that it defaults to "on"?

Well, anyway. Thanks again for this program - this had all the aspects I was looking for in an image editor. Wonderful work.

- jP
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: The Color Engine

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Loadus hat geschrieben:Couple of requests, nothing critical though: Can you add an option in the Color Management settings to select between different color engines. I have Adobe's and Kodak's CMM's installed and they do their job everytime a profile with their corresponding tag is used.
We tested Adobe's CMM in the past. But it was very buggy. We reported the bugs and there where some of them fixed. But there are still some big bugs and Adobe is no longer answering bug reports, so we don't want to support this.

Gerhard
Loadus
Mitglied

Re: The Color Engine

Beitrag von Loadus »

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:Adobe is no longer answering bug reports, so we don't want to support this.

Gerhard
Well, that was not that important anyway, it affected how the image is displayed, it did not affect how it was edited.

But anyways, keep up the good work!