DeJPEG Plugin Support Desired

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Koyaanis
Mitglied

DeJPEG Plugin Support Desired

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

I've been looking for a decent JPEG artifact removal tool for use in PL32. I miss the one I used to have in PSP, which was okay, but not great. I ran across this freeware one tonight and it does a pretty good job. It would be nice it if had even more options, but I think it's still nicer than the one I liked so much in PSP.

http://pcwin.com/Multimedia___Design/To ... wnload.htm

BUT, it only seems to work in my other graphic editors.

Could PL32 support this plugin?

Or even better, could PL32 have a JPEG artifact remover even better than this one?? :-)

Thanks if you can do either!
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

I have used this one quite a while ago, and I think that has been in Photoline. I will check again later.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I downloaded the plugin.
It doesn't work. I debugged it and it crashes inside the plugin. Since there are no debug infos, I can't get further information.
I am sorry (today the second time :-)) but the only way to fix those problems would be help from the plugin developer. In the past I contacted several of those guys. From most of them, I got no answer. Some of them told me, that they don't know what's going on, because they use "Filter Meister". I don't want to contact them anylonger.
Please try to do it from your site.

Gerhard
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

I wrote to them after you asked. No reply, not even a form-letter reply. Was worth a shot though.

I have some bandwidth free for a few days (rare on my dial-up connection). I'll hunt around the net for other JPEG cleaners. Unless (ahem), you might include one in the next version.
lutz
Mitglied

Beitrag von lutz »

This one is free:

http://www.vicman.net/jpegenhancer/index.htm

it is not a plugin however.
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Okay, cool. That Topaz DeJPEG no longer crashes in PL32 V14.

(this one http://pcwin.com/Multimedia___Design/To ... wnload.htm )

BUT, it doesn't work either. It seems to work fine when you load it, the preview in the plugin works just fine if I work on the background layer or a duplicate later, but then when you hit okay to apply it only returns to PL32 with no change to the image.

If I enable "use transparency" in the background or layer, then the preview in the plugin is all mangled (odd colors, bands, half shown image), BUT when I hit okay then it acts like it's applying it in PL32. The progress guage in the status bar shows it's being applied, just like when using all other plugins and filters. But then again, no change to the actual image.

SO .... It wants to work with PL32, but it don't. :-(

So close, but no cigar. :-)