iPhoto integration for Mac PL32?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
chee
Mitglied

iPhoto integration for Mac PL32?

Beitrag von chee »

Rather than using the browser for browsing photos, would it be better to integrate PL32 (Mac) with iPhoto for browsing photos? That would make it more consistent for across applications, faster to view; like a really neat Mac application. Not sure whether its more problems for the developers though.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

I would imagine the problem, Chee, would be that such a linage would be special for the Mac platform only -- so not economic for the developers.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
frankenstein
Betatester

Beitrag von frankenstein »

Why not do the opposite: Choosing PL as external editor in iPhoto?
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

frankenstein hat geschrieben:Why not do the opposite: Choosing PL as external editor in iPhoto?
Whoa! I hadn't given that a thought, Franko. Yes, it could work fine. However, after testing it, i've decided to stick with doing the stuff in iPhoto which iPhoto does well, and then just dragging photos out to PL32 to further edit them, then save them back, as desired.

One of the things that iPhoto does better is rotation. I find PL32's rotation controls flakey and much given to overreaction. Very frustrating to use. The irritating thing is, of course, that PL32 undoubtedly has "best in the business" control of the moving pixels once you get them to move where you want them.

I don't much like sliders, which iPhoto uses, but its entire rotation interface is excellent.

By the way, I believe the latest iPhoto has some significant additions to its editing capabilities.

--

Now -- for anyone else using iPhoto, have you tried iPhoto Buddy? I wouldn't be without it. It allows you to have many different iPhoto libraries instead of one big library. It lists all the iPhoto collections/libraries you have, and you click on the one you want to open, and it opens it and launches iPhoto.

You can start a new lbirary at the drop of a hat.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Ludger
Mitglied

Beitrag von Ludger »

Hi greenmorpher,
One of the things that iPhoto does better is rotation. I find PL32's rotation controls flakey and much given to overreaction. Very frustrating to use.
I think PLs rotation tool is the fastest you can get: Click on the rotation button (if it is already on any button bar), drag a line let's say along the horizon and click on the test button in the rotation dialogue (or activate the preview for a permanent preview, but then it may take several seconds) to see the result. If it's ok click OK.

The fastest way I think.

Ludger