v14 Feature / Improvement Requests :-)

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben: Okay, what should be the default settings, the beginning points, in these tools?
Umm....

Look at the bottom of all your filter dialogs.

See that little button with the left-curved backward pointing arrow in it? Right next to the red arrow to create a working layer instead of just applying the effect to the active layer?

That curved arrow button resets your filters to default program settings. It even says "reset" in the little help popup when you hover over it.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

UH, OH! Caught again. Thanks Kooey.

Cheers, geoff
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Re: v14 Feature / Improvement Requests :-)

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

A couple small requests:

1) On the blend editing dialog: Could there be a simple method to set the origin to the exact center of the "position" adjustment? And could this panel be enlarged/resizeable so as to have more precise control over that position adjustment? When trying to precisely align a blends origin to the exact center, or other portion of some graphic or effect, it's difficult to get it "just right" without a lot of repeated attempts (too small for accuracy).

2) Filter > Digital Camera > Chromatic Aberration: Could there be more than just a +/- 2.00 range of adjustment? On some macro lenses and fish-eye lenses I find that I have to apply the adjustment more than 1 time (sometimes 2.x times). It would speed up some work-flow if the adjustment range was greater.
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

To 1): Try holding the Shift-key ;)
Koyaanis
Mitglied

Beitrag von Koyaanis »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:To 1): Try holding the Shift-key ;)
Okay Harry Potter. :lol:

(oooo, sometimes I could just hit this guy for knowing so much! :mrgreen: )

But, still would be nice if that "position" frame was a teensy (a lot) larger. :)
lutz
Mitglied

Editing Blends - interactively and on the image

Beitrag von lutz »

The one feature which could enhance editing the blends (gradients) tremendously would be to allow the interactive editing with the blend-tools directly superimposed onto the image. Very likely difficult to implement, but especially for linear gradients the only way to create the correct blends without multiple trial and error attempts (as implemented for example in CorelDraw or Xara).

No. 1 on my wishlist ( since it is christmas time): interactive blend generation
:wink:
Hoogo
Betatester

Beitrag von Hoogo »

What about a simple rectangular vector-layer? The blend-editor for its filling might not be very huge, but it is not very much trial and error.
lutz
Mitglied

Editing Blends - interactively and on the image

Beitrag von lutz »

What about a simple rectangular vector-layer? The blend-editor for its filling might not be very huge, but it is not very much trial and error.
Hello Hoogo,
thanks for the tip. Yes, I agree, vector layers are the way to go. But unless I am missing something about the blend handling in PhotoLine, it is does not provide the direct feedback of a fully interactive tool. In the vector application mentioned before you can drag and drop colors onto the blend (gradient)-tools but most importantly you can align the desired colors directly on the final image.
Two examples can hopefully better explain what I am talking about (the color squares or circles and the gradient path are adjustable with the mouse directly):

Bild

Bild

The PhotoLine blend editor has other advantages, but an addtional interactive tool might be of great help for both photo editing and vector graphics.

Frohe Weihnachten Allerseits ! :)