Very strange bug: the GIF file that makes PhotoLine crash

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maho
Mitglied

Very strange bug: the GIF file that makes PhotoLine crash

Beitrag von maho »

After upgrading to a more recent version of PhotoLine, I found that when I tried to Browse a particular directory, PhotoLine would freeze up, pegging the cpu and disk, and forcing me to reboot. By using a "binary search method" (removing the files 50% at a time), I narrowed it down to one file. Here is the file:

http://nancy-kwan.com/16th.gif

It is very small gif file, only 540 bytes. If I try to open it in Photoline, it crashes. If I try to Preview the file before opening, Photoline crashes. If I try to browse a directory that contains that file, Photoline crashes. In each case, I am forced to reboot.

I opened the file in another photo editor, and there doesn't seem to be anything unusual about it. What is really strange is that I created the file using an older version of Photoline over a year ago (vers 7?).

I am using PhotoLine version 10.02 under WindowsNT on an IBM Thinkpad 600X. I tried re-installing PhotoLine from the web, to no avail.

Any ideas?
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

It is very small gif file, only 540 bytes. If I try to open it in Photoline, it crashes. If I try to Preview the file before opening, Photoline crashes. If I try to browse a directory that contains that file, Photoline crashes. In each case, I am forced to reboot.
I checked your GIF-file and I think the file is not correct. I don't know why but there is something missing. We will make some changes in PL32 to avoid problems with missing bytes. At the moment the only thing I can do for you is to convert your image to correct format. If you want this, please send me an email to support@pl32.com

Gerhard