Painting with transparency

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Painting with transparency

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Can anyone tell me how to do this in PL32? I can't find it in the Help. :mrgreen:

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Painting with transparency

Beitrag von Hoogo »

The layer must support transparency, maybe you will have to enable the transparency in the layer-properties first.
The next thing is the tool: You can not use a pen or brush, but you have to use one of the rubber-tools. For all the other tools a transparent ink just menas not to touch the paper.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Got it, thanks, Hugo. I thought that was the way to go but when I tried it, I must have done something wrong because it seemed to not work. However, tried it again and it worked fine. Many thanks.

Cheers, Geoff

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Hoogo hat geschrieben:The next thing is the tool: You can not use a pen or brush, but you have to use one of the rubber-tools. For all the other tools a transparent ink just menas not to touch the paper.
There is also a special mode in the blend tool: if the only active channel is the transparency/alpha channel, the transparency of the image will be replaced by the transparency of the blend.

Martin
greenmorpher
Mitglied

I was asking about "painting with transparency" because that is what you do in Canvas. There, you are always working with the image on a page -- like the Document mode in PL32. In Canvas, you click once on an image to select it so that you can do stuff like moving it around on the page, applying Curves, duplicating the image to make a mask, cropping the image, etc. -- kind of global stuff. You double click it to put it into "edit" mode so you can use your paint tools, brushes, erasers, etc. on the image. If you Alt/Option-double click on the image, you can paint or erase with transparency. Unlike PL32, Canvas does not create a separate layer for every image action. Their notion of what a layer is, is quite different from that of PL32.

As I understand it, in PL32 when you go menu bar | layer | layer properties and check "Use transparency", it creates a mask layer. This is in keeping with PL32's technology, where everything is a layer. gYou can't "paint" with transparency -- only erase to transparency, but since you can apply any brush shape or parameter to the eraser (as Canvas can do too), the result is exactly the same.

Am I getting it right? :mrgreen:

Cheers, Geoff