Font kerning in Mac OS X

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
addison
Mitglied
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed 23 Jun 2004 23:29
Location: Flowood, Mississippi USA

Font kerning in Mac OS X

Post by addison » Wed 23 Jun 2004 23:40

I can't seem to get the "Font Kerning Active" checkbox to work. Obvious gaps still appear in letter combinations like "Wo" and it seems to occur at all sizes. Neither Postscript Type 1 nor TrueType fonts are affected. I currently use version 9.5 but I was testing 10.51--same results in both versions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Addison

Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3671
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Font kerning in Mac OS X

Post by Martin Huber » Thu 24 Jun 2004 19:42

addison wrote:I can't seem to get the "Font Kerning Active" checkbox to work. Obvious gaps still appear in letter combinations like "Wo" and it seems to occur at all sizes. Neither Postscript Type 1 nor TrueType fonts are affected. I currently use version 9.5 but I was testing 10.51--same results in both versions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Addison
Yes, you are right. That doesn't work on Mac OS.
We are going to investigate this problem.

Martin

Guest

Re: Font kerning in Mac OS X

Post by Guest » Thu 24 Jun 2004 20:16

Martin Huber wrote:
addison wrote:I can't seem to get the "Font Kerning Active" checkbox to work. Obvious gaps still appear in letter combinations like "Wo" and it seems to occur at all sizes. Neither Postscript Type 1 nor TrueType fonts are affected. I currently use version 9.5 but I was testing 10.51--same results in both versions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Addison
Yes, you are right. That doesn't work on Mac OS.
We are going to investigate this problem.

Martin
Thank you. I appreciate your time. I believe PhotoLines's text features help put it over the top--I'd like to see the kerning work.

Sincerely,
Addison

addison
Mitglied
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed 23 Jun 2004 23:29
Location: Flowood, Mississippi USA

Re: Font kerning in Mac OS X

Post by addison » Thu 24 Jun 2004 20:18

Sorry, "Guest" is me--I wasn't logged in.

-Addison

addison
Mitglied
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed 23 Jun 2004 23:29
Location: Flowood, Mississippi USA

Kerning work yet?

Post by addison » Tue 03 Aug 2004 04:31

Is the kerning problem fixed in 10.52 for Mac? I'm looking to upgrade...

Thanks,
Addison

Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler
Posts: 3671
Joined: Tue 19 Nov 2002 15:49

Re: Kerning work yet?

Post by Martin Huber » Tue 03 Aug 2004 08:49

addison wrote:Is the kerning problem fixed in 10.52 for Mac? I'm looking to upgrade...

Thanks,
Addison
No, I'm sorry. In order to support kerning on Mac OS a lot of changes had to be made and we are still testing them.

Martin

addison
Mitglied
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed 23 Jun 2004 23:29
Location: Flowood, Mississippi USA

Re: Kerning work yet?

Post by addison » Tue 03 Aug 2004 14:19

Thanks for letting me know--your contact with the users is one reason this software is so great. Maybe the next upgrade...

-Addison