No PL thumbnails in Windows 7 Explorer 64-bit

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

No PL thumbnails in Windows 7 Explorer 64-bit

Beitrag von OldRadioGuy »

My earlier earlier posting at http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2659 drew no response, so I'll try a different approach here.

Question: how do you make PL thumbnails appear in Windows 7 64-bit Explorer? (I'll email Gerhard if I don't generate a response from someone on this board who has had this experience.)

From research at various websites, I've found that many users of Windows 7, 64-bit have had problems with thumbnails not appearing within Explorer. That apparent Windows SNAFU is in addition to Adobe's failure to provide for build of Windows thumbnails in the later versions of PS and Elements. I downloaded an applet that was developed to solve the PS images problem, and I did a command line registration of two .dll files associated with thumbnails for two of the image programs in my illustrations below. However, I have not located the .dll in PL that provides the coding for a PL thumbnail.

I did a test with an image reduced to 1024x768, saved in the native files of four images editors, including PL. Here's part of what I found. First a screencap from Windows Explorer. Note there are thumbs for three of the four -- PL showing only a generic icon.

Bild

Now, here's a screen cap of the same four files viewed within ACDSee Pro 3 file manager

Bild

This time, ACDSee has created a thumbnail of the image in PL, but note it got the image size wrong (512x384) in the description below the thumb.

Is there a solution for PL?

Thanks, I look forward to your input.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: No PL thumbnails in Windows 7 Explorer 64-bit

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:Is there a solution for PL?
no, there is no solution.
The reasion why some programs show the thumbnail of PLD files is, that they read our documentation how to read the preview image in PLD files. This way they can show the image, but get the size of the preview only.
The reason why there is no "dll" for Windows is, that Windows will accept dlls with a cetificate only. We don't want to support such a license model. On Mac OS X this is no problem.

Gerhard
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Gerhard Huber hat geschrieben:
OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:Is there a solution for PL?
no, there is no solution.
The reason why some programs show the thumbnail of PLD files is, that they read our documentation how to read the preview image in PLD files. This way they can show the image, but get the size of the preview only.
The reason why there is no "dll" for Windows is, that Windows will accept dlls with a cetificate only. We don't want to support such a license model. On Mac OS X this is no problem.

Gerhard
Thanks, Gerhard for your explanation.

Bob
PhotoLine 24.xx |DxO PureRAW 3 |Various Third-Party Plugins | macOS 14.11 | Apple M2 Max | 64 GB Memory | E-M1markIII.
akeller
Mitglied

Beitrag von akeller »

Hi Bob,

since today there is a possibility to display thumbnails of PLD-Files directly in the Win-Explorer.
Thanks of Speedskater and Gerhard Huber, the developer of FastPictureViewer realized a codec for PLD-Files in his package "FastPictureViewer CodecPac"
And it is working!! :D (see http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.ph ... =30#p20683)

Cheers, Andreas
OldRadioGuy
Mitglied

Thanks for this tip, Andreas.

I just installed the codec, and it's great being able to browse PLD files with Win-Explorer!

Bob
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

That's be ACD -- their a mob of idiots. Their Windows world is collapsing so they're trying to invade the Mac world with look alike products way behind the opposition! Crazy. :?

Cheers, geoff
evren
Mitglied

Beitrag von evren »

This is a quite late reply but, for those who follows the topic can check here for a fast and free solution.
Not only PLD, PSD, AI, EPS, PS whatever there is.
http://www.pl32.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4054