Feature Requests

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Feature Requests

Beitrag von photoken »

OldRadioGuy hat geschrieben:Isn't Vignetting correction better left to a tool which also deals with other lens distortions -- barrel, fisheye, perspective and chromatic aberration?
Yes, you can always use a dedicated tool for lens corrections if you wish. It's the same as the situation with RAW files -- PL does a nice job with them, but when I want the ultimate in quality, I'll first massage them with RawTherapee.

Since PL already includes the other corrections you mentioned, it makes sense to also include a vignetting correction tool. My experience is with PaintShopPro, which has a Vignette tool that is straightforward, instantly understandable and easy to use. Adding such a tool to PL will suffice for about 99.999999999% of the photos from users who simply want to have less darkening in the corners of some of their images.
Zuletzt geändert von photoken am Fr 11 Okt 2013 05:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:No, it will work - it not only distorts, it also scales. But you have to pay attention to the mouse cursor: place the cursor on the corner enters distort mode. Moving it slightly outside the corner point changes the mouse cursor to scale mode (double arrow), and then you can hold down <shift> for proportional scaling.
Whoa! You're absolutely right. That's one helluva subtle difference in cursor positioning that I completely missed. Thanks!

I guess we can eliminate the request for "Artistic" text, then.
Ken
Partha
Mitglied

Beitrag von Partha »

photoken hat geschrieben:WHOOOOO HHHOOOOO!!!!

Thank you for the dark interface in the new version 18.00! Things are looking much better, now.... I guess there's no way to darken the main menu bar on Win7?

Chromatic Aberration correction is looking better, too.

Thanks again!
I totally love the new interface obviously. :)

Anyway to get the main image window to be dark so that it's not distracting from the image one is working on?

Thanks!
Partha
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Partha hat geschrieben:
photoken hat geschrieben:WHOOOOO HHHOOOOO!!!!

Thank you for the dark interface in the new version 18.00! Things are looking much better, now.... I guess there's no way to darken the main menu bar on Win7?

Chromatic Aberration correction is looking better, too.

Thanks again!
I totally love the new interface obviously. :)

Anyway to get the main image window to be dark so that it's not distracting from the image one is working on?

Thanks!
Partha
Switch to document mode in the document attribute panel, and select a black or dark background colour.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Partha hat geschrieben:Anyway to get the main image window to be dark so that it's not distracting from the image one is working on?
You mean the background colour of the image window (visible around the image itself)? That colour can be set via Preferences -> Display -> Document. You can specify different colours, depending whether you work in Picture or Document mode.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Partha
Mitglied

Beitrag von Partha »

bkh hat geschrieben:
Partha hat geschrieben:Anyway to get the main image window to be dark so that it's not distracting from the image one is working on?
You mean the background colour of the image window (visible around the image itself)? That colour can be set via Preferences -> Display -> Document. You can specify different colours, depending whether you work in Picture or Document mode.

Cheers

Burkhard.
Thanks Burkhard! That did it. :)

Now the only item left is what Ken mentioned. On Windows, the menu bar is white.

Partha
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Two more enhancements I'd like:
1. Replace the Undo List with a real History panel that allows selecting specific steps and is sophisticated enough to allow "non-linear" undo. "Non-linear undo" means that specific steps can be undone without undoing all the subsequent steps. Of course, there will be some steps that cannot be undone without affecting subsequent steps, and in those cases an explanatory message box should appear.
2. Integrate creating actions with that new History panel. In other words, after selecting specific steps in the History panel have an option to save those steps as an action.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

bkh hat geschrieben:

Cheers

Burkhard.
Of course, that's what he meant - I misunderstood the question.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
Lundberg02
Mitglied

Beitrag von Lundberg02 »

black type on a white background has been around since Gutenberg and I think it will stay that way until humans develop infrared vision when the sun dies.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Lundberg02 hat geschrieben:black type on a white background has been around since Gutenberg and I think it will stay that way until humans develop infrared vision when the sun dies.
You can get my book, Type & Layout, are you communicating or just making pretty shapes?, from Amazon that is stuffed with research to show just how very true this statement is! LOL!

Cheers - Geoff

Geoffrey Heard
General Manager
Bushtrack Enterprises Ltd
http://www.bushtrackpng.com
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Another feature request:
The "Clip" vector object tool is very useful, but there should be a way to easily create the vector object to fill the entire image area. I know I can use the Alt key to display guides while dragging out the "Clip" object, but that's tedious. I'd like to simply double-click the "Clip" icon to immediately create the vector object to the full image size.
Ken
GM1968
Mitglied

Beitrag von GM1968 »

For me, always the same request for PL : "real" adjustement layer
Hoogo hat geschrieben:...
The usual adjustment layer is a grayscale layer.
The gray values have no effect on the filter function itself, they just apply different transparencies to the result, just like the layer mask.
There once was a beta with a variable blur as an adjustment layer, that came somehow close to a DOF. The gray values were treated differently and affected the radius of the filter, but that was really slow and was already gone in the next beta.
The return of a slow function opens great opportunities. This feature would be useful to many users of 3D software and also for made photos Tilt-Shift...

:wink:
Les Français utilisent aussi Photoline !
Bild Bild
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

I'd like a way to quickly select all the text in an image. For example, given this image:
number dial.png
which has 24 text objects (fitted to paths), it's extremely tedious to change the text colour -- I have to select one text object at a time and apply the colour.

For that matter, a more general method to select all objects meeting certain criteria would be even better. For example, all text objects of a given point size, or all objects with an outline of 2pt and coloured green, etc.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

photoken hat geschrieben:I'd like a way to quickly select all the text in an image. For example, given this image:
number dial.png
which has 24 text objects (fitted to paths), it's extremely tedious to change the text colour -- I have to select one text object at a time and apply the colour.
You can select all of the text layers. If the active tool is not the text tool, you can now modify the color of selected text layers by changing the text color (foreground color) in the toolbox.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:I'd like a way to quickly select all the text in an image. For example, given this image:
What about using text styles instead of formatting the text directly? Then all you have to do is update the style using another colour, and all text using that text style will change automatically. (When writing new text, make sure you apply the text style once before typing, so that the new text – even in subsequent text layers – will have that style.)

Cheers

Burkhard.