Text Cut-Off After Layer Group / Merge

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
LJK

Text Cut-Off After Layer Group / Merge

Beitrag von LJK »

Hi -
I am liking your program very much.
It rests somewhere between the bulk and extensiveness of Photoshop
or GIMP and the sparse speed of Photo Filtre - thanks!
[Still trying to understand many of the animation tools however...;-)]

My question is this:
While creating a small image map, I noticed that in the final image the text [and its effect] was cropped about 5 px from where it should have been /
how it appeared prior to the layer merge.

I've noticed this before - merging grouped layers often cuts off a bit of the content - especially text. Is there any way to lower the type within its layer boundary so that it has more 'leeway'? Apparently, extra padding is needed around the text so that it doesn't get cropped in the layer merge?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
El
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Text Cut-Off After Layer Group / Merge

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

LJK hat geschrieben:I am liking your program very much.
It rests somewhere between the bulk and extensiveness of Photoshop
or GIMP and the sparse speed of Photo Filtre - thanks!
[Still trying to understand many of the animation tools however...;-)]
My question is this:
While creating a small image map, I noticed that in the final image the text [and its effect] was cropped about 5 px from where it should have been /
how it appeared prior to the layer merge.
I've noticed this before - merging grouped layers often cuts off a bit of the content - especially text. Is there any way to lower the type within its layer boundary so that it has more 'leeway'? Apparently, extra padding is needed around the text so that it doesn't get cropped in the layer merge?
Since we don't get this problem here, it would be good if you could sent me (support@pl32.com) a sample document (in PLD format) to see where the problem is.
Do you use a special font when the problem occurs? Do you work on Mac OS or Windows?

Gerhard
LJK

Merged Layers 2

Beitrag von LJK »

Hi -
I will send .png and .pld for you.

Am using Windows XP and yes, it was a 'special' font
installed on my system called Chocolate Box Decorative.

Hope you'll be able to help - and thanks!
El
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Merged Layers 2

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

LJK hat geschrieben:Hi -
I will send .png and .pld for you.

Am using Windows XP and yes, it was a 'special' font
installed on my system called Chocolate Box Decorative.

Hope you'll be able to help - and thanks!
El
In my opinion some metrics values in this font are not set correctly. Unfortunately PhotoLine 32 uses these metrics values :-(
We will try to fix this by checking the plausibility of these metrics values and by using other values if they are wrong.

Martin
LJK

Solution?

Beitrag von LJK »

Hi -
I've sent an e-mail with the .pld example -
had to change the layer effect, as Glow Outside
was cut-off the most. Once converted into RGB
layer, I just drew-in the missing bits - and used
a different layer effect.

Doesn't look too bad...

Thanks again,
El.
Gast

Re: Text Cut-Off After Layer Group / Merge

Beitrag von Gast »

I am testing PL32 right now and run into similar problem, What I have is Text layer, after merging or reducing to backlground will have all TEXT Lost leaving only the background image.

Wonder if this happen to others, and I am using this on a G3 on OS X 10.1.5, I have saved a PLD file and the PLD can be exported to PDF with no problem, but if I need the Photo ( with text edited onto it ) on TIFF or JPEg, I need to flatten it, and everytime it lost all text.
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Merged Layers 2

LJK hat geschrieben:I will send .png and .pld for you.
Sorry, but the files didn't arrive here until now. Please send it again.

Gerhard
FR
Mitglied

Beitrag von FR »

Hi Gerhard,

I have one file that might illustrate the problem, have save in pld & pdf format , and this file consistently lost all text layer content when merge or reduce to background. Do you want me e-mail it to you !
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

FR hat geschrieben:Hi Gerhard,
I have one file that might illustrate the problem, have save in pld & pdf format , and this file consistently lost all text layer content when merge or reduce to background. Do you want me e-mail it to you !
yes, please send it to support@pl32.com then we can see what happens.

Gerhard
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

e-Mail is send with explannation in there
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

:shock: the e-mail bounc eback, Look like its too big for the post box. Here, I put it up on my online storage for your access

Problem PLD file

Whenever I merge layer ( if one is a TEXT Layer ) or reduce to background it will lost all text and the photo come out everything OK except all text vanished in the flattended final image. This trail run on G3 iBook, OS X 10.1.5 with 384 Mb Physical RAM.

I am not sure if this is version specific or even specific to combination of OS / PL32 version but I suspects
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Don't know why, but perhaps its just my German, login after the posting .. sorry about that !!!
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

No problem

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

Hello FR:

>Whenever I merge layer ( if one is a TEXT Layer ) or reduce to background it will lost all text and the photo come out everything OK except all text vanished in the flattended final image<

Just got your 9MB ;-)
I do not have any problem merging your layers or the complete layer set!
All shows up very fine!

Regards

Michael
FR
Mitglied

Beitrag von FR »

Yeah, I suspect that would be the case too, it looks to me probably this is version specific to the environment. I will be trying to isolate that with my other Mac, I believe its probably realting to what the Mac runs on

I will let you know about it if I find anything of note .. BTW, is there any place I can dowdload previous version of the software just to verify the problem between different combo of OS / environment / PL32 versions

Franka
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

FR hat geschrieben:Yeah, I suspect that would be the case too, it looks to me probably this is version specific to the environment. I will be trying to isolate that with my other Mac, I believe its probably realting to what the Mac runs on

I will let you know about it if I find anything of note .. BTW, is there any place I can dowdload previous version of the software just to verify the problem between different combo of OS / environment / PL32 versions

Franka
I can reproduce your problem on Mac OS with the given Zapfino font. The Zapfino font has very extreme side bearings and ligatures. We are going to investigate the resulting problem(s).
Using another font should solve this problem.

Martin