Tool defaults

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
asharpe
Mitglied

Tool defaults

Beitrag von asharpe »

Hi folks,

I've just started using Photoline as a complete Photoshop replacement. Not too bad of a conversion learning curve, so far. I may be more active on this forum asking questions, though.

The first question I have is that I cannot find a way to set the defaults for some tools. Some seem to remember from session to session, and some, like the Unsharp Mask settings, don't. I just read a forum posting talking about how to write a file to make a preset; that's good, and I'll probably do that, but is there another way to have the tools remember the last setting they had?

Thanks!
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: Tool defaults

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

asharpe hat geschrieben:(…) I cannot find a way to set the defaults for some tools. Some seem to remember from session to session, and some, like the Unsharp Mask settings, don't.
I made a quick test, and Unsharp Masking (Filter > Sharpen > Unsharp Masking) did remember the last used values, even after restarting PhotoLine.
Do you have a different behavior?

Martin
asharpe
Mitglied

Beitrag von asharpe »

Yes. Every time I edit a new image and add a new Unsharp Masking adjustment layer with the icon in the layers panel, it default to 1.5, 100, and 10 threshold. This is with version 18.01 of PL.
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

asharpe hat geschrieben:(…) add a new Unsharp Masking adjustment layer (…)
Yes, with adjustment layers I have the same behavior.

Martin
asharpe
Mitglied

Beitrag von asharpe »

So, it did remember, or are you confirming what I saw, that it did not remember?