Req: A Defringe adjustment layer

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
photoken
Mitglied

Req: A Defringe adjustment layer

Beitrag von photoken »

There are times when the RAW images from my LF1 show noticeable colour fringes in parts of the image. It would help if PL had an adjustment layer to remove those colour fringes.

By way of example, here's how PaintShop Pro handles it: Their tool is their Chromatic Aberration tool, but one can specify any colour by selecting the colour in the dialog window, up to about a dozen colours:
PSP defringe settings.png
That method does work, but a far better method is the one implemented by RawTherapee, where the colours are specified by dragging "anchor points" on a Hue spectrum:
RT defringe adjustment.png
The anchor points have control handles, like the anchor points of a vector shape, that allow changing the amount of "roundness" at the peaks, and the anchor points can also be dragged left and right to precisely target the colour.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Hoogo
Betatester

Re: Req: A Defringe adjustment layer

Beitrag von Hoogo »

Maybe we should start with some test pictures, experiments and an action to find the best way to treat fringes?
I have something like that on my eternal todo-list, once a nice recipe was developed in a dslr-forum.
----------------
Herr Doktor, ich bin mir ganz sicher, ich habe Atom! /Doctor, doctor, I'm sure, I've got atoms!