creating brush form

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Pekele

creating brush form

Beitrag von Pekele »

hi !

photoline 32 looks like a great tool !

I wonder if it is possible to create our own brush form/shape .
I searched into the help without any success.
So how to do that ?

thanks and good job !
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: creating brush form

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

Pekele hat geschrieben:hi !

photoline 32 looks like a great tool !

I wonder if it is possible to create our own brush form/shape .
I searched into the help without any success.
So how to do that ?

thanks and good job !
You can create a custom brush by dragging a layer onto the brush field.

Martin
Pekele

Beitrag von Pekele »

thanks a lot
i thought you were talking about the layer dialog box, that's why i could not manage to create any brush.

is photoline is still in developpement ? when should the next release comes ? Is there a roadmap and can i post some features i would like to see in future release ?

thank you very much

regards

Pekele
Michael Roek-Ramirez
Betatester

Hi Pekele

Beitrag von Michael Roek-Ramirez »

Hi Pekele:

PhotoLine 32 is under constant development ;-) and yes, we, the users, post any improvement we like to see in it!
It is no garantee, the developpers implement every proposal, but you have a big chance if various people agree!

BTW: I switched over from Photoshop to PhotoLine 32 some years ago, than I erased my former Animated GIF generation programm off the computer, now I am up to do the same thing for SWF generation......
Great stuff!!!!!!
Regards from Mexico

Michael
Pekele

Beitrag von Pekele »

I stopped using photoshop, one year ago, because i switched to linux. So i worked with gimp and inkscape. Now i've just bought a iMAC and i was about to buy a new photoshop license ( but it's very expensive for the way i used it). Now i'm trying photoline 32 and i'm going to purchase it. I have gimp installed too, so switching between these application should replace photoshop. The CMYK possibility of pl32 make it interesting.
I'm using a vector freeware application : Expression3. ( wich i prefer than illustrator )
I'm looking a way to export my pl32's vector layer into Expression3. It can import only .ai and .eps. But when i open in E3 a pl32 's .eps, i only have a blank file.

BTW, i'm going to open a topic with the cool feature i would like to see in future release. But before i must explore more what i can do with it.

until now i love this feature :
mixing vector layer with bitmap ones ;p

regards from France
Pékélé
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Pekele hat geschrieben:I'm looking a way to export my pl32's vector layer into Expression3. It can import only .ai and .eps. But when i open in E3 a pl32 's .eps, i only have a blank file.
EPS support of PL32 is not very good, it supports raster graphics only. The one and only portable vector format to use is PDF.
Why don't you work on vector graphics in PL32?

Gerhard
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

well, the main reason i'm not working vector with pl32 is that the document becomes heavy. It seems that a dedicated vector drawing program manage better the video memory.
At last, with the few test i did.

For some of my work vector , i will use pl32. But, as you may know, E3 can make more vector effect, with artistic brush.

But i have to experiment more on that. Maybe i'm too newbee with pl32 to know how to manage a vector document.

I tried the .pdf export wich is very good.