HPGL Plotter Output to Serial Port

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Michael

HPGL Plotter Output to Serial Port

Beitrag von Michael »

I want to send PhotoLine's HPGL output to any of the serial ports directly using Tool > HPGL Plotter Output > Plot (to serial port), but no output is generated. I have resorted to "plotting" PhotoLine's output to a file, and sending this to COM1 manually. I have no problems sending data to the serial ports using other software or directly from a DOS box under Windows XP. I have connected a port monitor to COM1 (and COM2), and it detects no data from PhotoLine's output.

Am I missing something, or is this feature not implemented? I think I've covered all the bases, but any suggestions or info will be most appreciated.

Regards,

Michael
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: HPGL Plotter Output to Serial Port

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

Michael hat geschrieben:I want to send PhotoLine's HPGL output to any of the serial ports directly using Tool > HPGL Plotter Output > Plot (to serial port), but no output is generated. I have resorted to "plotting" PhotoLine's output to a file, and sending this to COM1 manually. I have no problems sending data to the serial ports using other software or directly from a DOS box under Windows XP. I have connected a port monitor to COM1 (and COM2), and it detects no data from PhotoLine's output.
Am I missing something, or is this feature not implemented? I think I've covered all the bases, but any suggestions or info will be most appreciated.
sorry that the answer took so much time, but I have connected my plotter parallel and I had to get a serial cable first to test it.
I think there is a problem in the driver of the serial port, it works only in debug mode :-(
We will see where the problem is.

Gerhard