Increase Clarity and Saturation in one step

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
photoken
Mitglied

Increase Clarity and Saturation in one step

Beitrag von photoken »

While experimenting with using the High Pass adjustment layer as a "Clarity" adjustment, I found a nice effect -- If you use the High Pass adjustment in "Lab" mode only on the "L" channel, both the "Clarity" and colour saturation can be increased. (The HP layer is set to "Overlay" mode.)
C&S.jpg
The effect can be very subtle, but sometimes that's exactly what's needed....
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Increase Clarity and Saturation in one step

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Thanks for sharing this great find! Happy accidents like these can be extremely valuable.

I have a nice example with a rendered dress, but for some inexplicable reason I am unable to link to those via my server (this forum complains about that it is not possible to determine the dimensions of the image - and this forum only allows up to about 120kb for images. Frustrating!

Thanks for the tip.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Increase Clarity and Saturation in one step

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben:Thanks for sharing this great find! Happy accidents like these can be extremely valuable.
Oh, yeah! I think PhotoLine has the record here for "happy accidents".... :mrgreen:
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.