Req: User-defined browser for "Browse" function

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
photoken
Mitglied

Req: User-defined browser for "Browse" function

Beitrag von photoken »

I use XnView and/or IMatch as my digital asset management application(s). Because their development is focused exclusively on file management, they have very sophisticated features for asset management, database queries, keyword management, etc.

I'd like to see an option in PL's Preferences to allow using either PL's Browse window, or a user-specified file browser when the Ctrl+B key is hit.

Each of the programs I mentioned allows specifying PL as an external editor, so simply hitting the appropriate hotkey in their file window will load the selected image in the running instance of PL.

Added:
Alternatively, if the External Programs had an option of "None" for the image to use when opening an application, then I could assign a shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+B to XnView, e.g.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Req: User-defined browser for "Browse" function

Beitrag von photoken »

photoken hat geschrieben:Added:
Alternatively, if the External Programs had an option of "None" for the image to use when opening an application, then I could assign a shortcut of Ctrl+Shift+B to XnView, e.g.
Now that I've had several hours to think about this, I retract my request for the user-defined Browse in favor of the alternative of "None" as the image to use for an external application.

This would be more versatile -- one could use it to launch various types of apps, not only image management ones but also a panorama stitching app or a exposure merging app, etc.

Of course, when the image type is set to "None", that would require automatically disabling the prompt for layer or image.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.