photoken
Mitglied

Req: Multiple vector layers -- change line colour only

Beitrag von photoken »

Given a vectorized image:
vectorized original.png
What I want to achieve is this:
vectorized final.png
Currently, there's no easy way to achieve that -- I must select each vector layer and apply the line colour to it individually. (If I select all the vector layers and use the Toolbox to change the line colour, the fill colour of all the layers is changed to the colour used in the active vector layer.)

Since the Line Style Editor allows changing the line weight, etc., for multiple selected layers, it would make sense for the Line Style Editor to also have a line colour specification.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Herbert123
Mitglied

Re: Req: Multiple vector layers -- change line colour only

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Ken, you are correct.

As a work-around, use the layer properties instead: in that case the stroke or fill can be changed independently from the other.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: As a work-around, use the layer properties instead: in that case the stroke or fill can be changed independently from the other.
123, that's an excellent work-around. Thanks for the tip!
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:(If I select all the vector layers and use the Toolbox to change the line colour, the fill colour of all the layers is changed to the colour used in the active vector layer.)
Imo, this is a bug. Changing the line colour shouldn't change the fill colour, and vice versa. I can't really think of a scenario where the current behaviour makes sense (in the rare case when one wants to apply line and fill colour of the active layer to all selected layers, one would need just one extra step).

Having a line colour field in the line style panel doesn't really make sense imo, since colour isn't currently part of a line style. (If I remember correctly, line style and line and fill colours can be saved as part of an extended layer style.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben:I can't really think of a scenario where the current behaviour makes sense (in the rare case when one wants to apply line and fill colour of the active layer to all selected layers, one would need just one extra step).
I can't think of a useful scenario for the current behavior, either....
bkh hat geschrieben:Having a line colour field in the line style panel doesn't really make sense imo, since colour isn't currently part of a line style.
Theoretically, you're right; but from a practical point of view it would make it easier to use PL -- I've often been working in the Line Style Editor to adjust line weight, etc., and because of those changes needed to adjust the line colour. The current implementation forces me to open another panel, or move the cursor across the screen to the Toolbox to do that. Having the colour setting in the Line Style Editor would mean that all line properties would be in the same location near the cursor.
Ken
Herbert123
Mitglied

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

bkh hat geschrieben: Imo, this is a bug. Changing the line colour shouldn't change the fill colour, and vice versa. I can't really think of a scenario where the current behaviour makes sense (in the rare case when one wants to apply line and fill colour of the active layer to all selected layers, one would need just one extra step).

Cheers

Burkhard.
Agreed - it is a bit silly. Changing line should not change the fill. Changing the fill should not change the line. That is how it works in every single other vector application.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait