XnViewMP alternative browser

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Herbert123
Mitglied

XnViewMP alternative browser

Beitrag von Herbert123 »

Photoken pointed out XnViewMP as a good alternative image browser/management tool, and it integrates quite nicely into a workflow within Photoline.
photoken hat geschrieben:
Herbert123 hat geschrieben:I have been using the Browse function in Photoline more and more lately to organize images
Just a suggestion -- even though XnViewMP is still considered a "beta" (the current available version is 0.72), it's improved to the point where its Browser is excellent for organizing images.

In XnViewMP, I set it to open in Browse mode when it's called without an image; and set PhotoLine as an external editor. In PhotoLine, I added XnViewMP as an external program with "None" as the image type and changed the "Ctrl+B" shortcut to launch XnViewMP.

Works like a charm, and the sophistication of XnViewMP's image organizing features removes any pressure for the PL Browser to become more complicated and problem-prone.

Something to keep in mind.... :wink:
Thanks Photoken - that is actually a great alternative. Especially with the dark GUI found here: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.p ... 15#p109533

One question though: where can I find that option in XnViewMP to open in browse mode when called? It is still opening the actual image.
/*---------------------------------------------*/
System: Win10 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), Nvidia GTX1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820, 2XSamsung SA850 (2560*1440) and 1XHP2408H 1920*1200 portrait
photoken
Mitglied

Re: XnViewMP alternative browser

Beitrag von photoken »

Herbert123 hat geschrieben: Thanks Photoken - that is actually a great alternative. Especially with the dark GUI found here:
Glad to help.

That forum message you quoted is a couple of years old. The current version of XnViewMP doesn't need to have that RAR file -- a nice dark GUI seems to be the default, now.
Herbert123 hat geschrieben: One question though: where can I find that option in XnViewMP to open in browse mode when called? It is still opening the actual image.
In the "General" section of the Settings -- the "Startup" section:
XnViewMP settings 01.png
You have to set its image type to "None" in PhotoLine, otherwise if an image is passed to XnViewMP, it'll open that image.
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
sovereign
Mitglied

Beitrag von sovereign »

Hi, I got a couple of questions related to XnViewMP:

1. is it possible to get a full-size preview (bigger at least) of a PLD file when double clicking on it ?
2. how do I properly define the format of a PLD file in options --> browser --> film list --> format color, so that the thumbnail is identified by a specific color background ?

Perhaps someone figured this out already ?
Thanks ! :)
Intel Core i7 3770 - MB Joshua-H61-uATX - 8 GB DDR3-1600 - Radeon HD 7570 2 GB - Windows 8.1 64-bit
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

sovereign hat geschrieben: So 14 Mai 2017 12:13 1. is it possible to get a full-size preview (bigger at least) of a PLD file when double clicking on it ?
As far as I know, it's not.
sovereign hat geschrieben: So 14 Mai 2017 12:13 2. how do I properly define the format of a PLD file in options --> browser --> film list --> format color, so that the thumbnail is identified by a specific color background ?
I couldn't find a way to do that. You should probably ask this in the XnViewMP General Support Forum.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.