Req: Remove Brush blend modes and opacity

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
photoken
Mitglied

Req: Remove Brush blend modes and opacity

Beitrag von photoken »

When I use the PL Frequency Filter action, I get three layers: a low frequency layer, a middle frequency layer and a high frequency layer.

To edit the low frequency layer, I like to use the Remove Brush directly on the layer because it's a fast and convenient way to work.

However, because the other two layers have blend modes of "Linear Light", I cannot use the Remove Brush on those layers because the result is a very odd colour. So, to work on those layers, I have to switch to the Copy Brush and all its fussiness.

It would be great if I could keep the same simple tool -- the Remove Brush -- active all the time and simply use it on the necessary layer.

If the Remove Brush had a setting for Blend Mode that I could set to match the layer being worked on, would that solve the problem? If so, the Remove Brush would also probably need an Opacity setting to match opacity of the layer being edited, I'm thinking.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bkh
Betatester

Re: Req: Remove Brush blend modes and opacity

Beitrag von bkh »

photoken hat geschrieben:However, because the other two layers have blend modes of "Linear Light", I cannot use the Remove Brush on those layers because the result is a very odd colour. So, to work on those layers, I have to switch to the Copy Brush and all its fussiness.
The real problem here is that the remove brush always uses the combined image (until the active layer) for retouch. In this particular case, you'd want it to use just the active layer. Maybe it would be possible to add the same set of source options to its tool settings as for the copy brush.

BTW. I thought that one could work around this by putting the layer into an isolated group by itself in mode "normal" and then set the isolated group to "Linear Light". But somehow this doesn't work as expected (doesn't work for the copy brush, either, if you set it to "until active layer" mode.

Cheers

Burkhard.
photoken
Mitglied

Re: Req: Remove Brush blend modes and opacity

Beitrag von photoken »

bkh hat geschrieben: The real problem here is that the remove brush always uses the combined image (until the active layer) for retouch. In this particular case, you'd want it to use just the active layer. Maybe it would be possible to add the same set of source options to its tool settings as for the copy brush.
Interesting. Then, yes, that would be a good set of options to have.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.