NIK filters now FREE

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
maxwell
Mitglied

Re: NIK filters now FREE

Beitrag von maxwell »

Under Mac I had no problems (installing the Nik collection as also Burkhard has desribed it), under Windows the path "...\Photoline\Google" didn't work though the directory "Google" was present under the "Photoline" directory. After changing under Windows the plugin path in Photoline to "x:\programs\google\nik collection" the plugins worked also under Windows.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Re: NIK filters now FREE

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

bkh hat geschrieben:
greenmorpher hat geschrieben:How did you install them with PhotoLine? I tried on OS X 9.4 and PL 19.50. They didn't see PL for the isntallation, and PL is not seeing them when I point to their folder.
If you don't have PS, by default, the NIK collection installer doesn't install the PS plugins. I just re-ran the installer, and at the "Compatible Host Applications" step, I used the "+" button to add a plugin folder – could be one of the folders already searched by PL, or just any folder, you can move it/add it to the PL plugin folders alter. Just make sure that the "Search in folders" option is on in PL's Preferences -> Extended -> Plug-in modules as the NIK installer adds several subfolders for the various plugins. PL even recognised the modules when I added the path, I didn't even have to quit and restart PL.
Well, I have won the battle at last! I had done what you suggested in respect of the "+" and selecting the PL Plug-ins folder, but the installer relapsed back to /Applications/Nik Filters/ and isntalled a folder in the Applications folder which did not include the sub-folders. heaven knows where they were, but th thing did not work as plug-ins. Moved the Nik folder into the plug-ins folder and that had no effect.

So after a ouple more tries, unsuccessful, when the isntaller reverted back to its default, I went in and changed the folder to the Plug-ins folder AGAIN. And goodness gracious me, it finally took -- the Nik filters folder installed in the Photoline Plug-ins folder and the plug-ins PLUS their associated sub-folders all appeared there.

AND IT WORKS.

At bloody last! LOL.

Thanks for your support, burkhard and others.

Cheers, Geoff