Action: Selenium Toning

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Alan9940
Mitglied

Re: Action: Selenium Toning

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

Ken,

A nice subtle toning; I like it! In general, though, I would lean toward a couple of the more controlled conversion techniques that we've experimented with in the past, but I will certainly make use of your new action to evaluate what an image might look like as a B&W. Of course, I could always modify the action to use, for example, the Hue Editor or whatever tool of preference.

Btw, as a side note...and following Burkhard's lead...I didn't install the preset and the action worked great! Nice job!! And, thanks for sharing...

Best,
Alan
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Alan9940 hat geschrieben: (...)
In general, though, I would lean toward a couple of the more controlled conversion techniques that we've experimented with in the past,
(...)
Hi Alan,

Yes, I was remembering those experiments as I developed this action. :)
As I mentioned, there's no problem with running the action after creating a whole flock of adjustment layers to do the B&W conversion -- the supplied conversion Curves layer would simply set the converted B&W image to have no colour in the Lab space, and you'd get the benefit of having an adjustment layer to do some contrast work on the final B&W image.
Alan9940 hat geschrieben:Btw, as a side note...and following Burkhard's lead...I didn't install the preset and the action worked great!
Excellent. Thanks for confirming!

P.S., I've got a crazy idea for a new feature regarding B&W images, but I can't describe it until PL v20 is released. I'm interested in getting feedback on it, so stay tuned.... :wink:
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
Alan9940
Mitglied

Beitrag von Alan9940 »

photoken hat geschrieben: P.S., I've got a crazy idea for a new feature regarding B&W images, but I can't describe it until PL v20 is released. I'm interested in getting feedback on it, so stay tuned.... :wink:
PL v20? Drool...drool! ;) Sitting on edge of chair with anticipation!! :)

Looking forward to playing around with any idea from that creative mind of yours.

Best,
Alan