Wish list!

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
bruce1951
Mitglied

Re: Wish list!

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

One question at a time. I've done some editing and tried a few ideas. plugins work fine. I use the Nik collection and some Topaz plugins. The one thing that I can't get to work, and I suspect it will be a, "no you can't do that", is the external editor. I send a file to PSP, make some changes, and back to PL. Those changes don't show up. When I check the steps in the Actions there is no External editor shown.

Is there a work around?

regards
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

One more question - I want to edit an action. The 'manual', page 96, says I can edit by using the Context menu. OK. I get it. I'm thick. Where is the Context menu?

regards
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben:One more question - I want to edit an action. The 'manual', page 96, says I can edit by using the Context menu. OK. I get it. I'm thick. Where is the Context menu?

regards
Control click/right click?

Cheers, Geoff
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

All I ever wanted was good HRD -- but Bracketeer or in-camera now takes care of that -- and focus stacking -- but in-camera is doing a fine job on that in many quite modestly priced cameras now.

"All I ever wanted" -- not quite "all" but you know what I mean. A replacement front tooth would be nice, but at least with a little cloning in PL I can give my mouth a full range of front teeth in a photo! :)
Self n Tavurvur.jpg
Cheers, Geoff
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks but Control right click gets me New Action/Group. Duplicate/Delete. Merge/Load/Save Action/Save. Action Galley. Properties and Button mode. No Edit.

regards
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben:Thanks but Control right click gets me New Action/Group. Duplicate/Delete. Merge/Load/Save Action/Save. Action Galley. Properties and Button mode. No Edit.
If you want to edit an individual action step (as opposed to the action as a series of steps), then you'll have to double-click that step. This will open the corresponding dialogue, and you can change the values used in the action. PL will also show a preview of the step, for the current PL document, but the change will not be applied permanently. (Press the "Play" button to apply a single action step.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I can edit/change an individual step. What I'm looking for is a way to add an extra step/s to an already saved Action. I have an Action that I have created. I now want to add one extra step to it.

regards
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben:I can edit/change an individual step. What I'm looking for is a way to add an extra step/s to an already saved Action. I have an Action that I have created. I now want to add one extra step to it.
Ah! That's very straightforward -- make the step before your new step the active step, hit the "Record" button, do your new step, hit the "Stop recording" button.
Ken
Yes, I think it can be eeeeeasily done....
Just take everything out on Highway 61.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Thanks Ken. That's what I was looking for. So now my only 'problem' is the External Editor bit.

regards
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

Yeah, I don't think external editors can be a step in an action, at least I can't get them to be recorded. It probably has to do with the temp image file that's created and the fact that the steps done in an external editor aren't recorded/saved in that editor....

It might be a nice feature request to be able to record calling an external editor, but only as a "paused" step. Then at least you could do stuff in the external editor, save the temp image, and return to the PL action.

By the way, thanks for mentioning that plugins can be an action step. I never thought to try that.
Ken
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben:So now my only 'problem' is the External Editor bit.
Might be tricky to implement – there is no really good way for PL to know when you have finished work in the external editor. As a workaround, you could insert a "Pause" command ("Pause" key in the actions panel) and display a text with instructions to the user. It means a few extra clicks for the user, though.

Cheers

Burkhard.
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I understand that performing the adjustments in an external editor may be 'tricky'. But it's not the end of the world. There are work a rounds.

I've been testing v20 which was sent to me to see if my Runtime issue has been resolved. Over the past month I have given v20 a hard time. :shock: But no sign of the Runtime error. So it seems a thing of the past. Thanks.

Now that my v20 30 days testing has expired I would love a registration number for it so I can continue to use it. Possible?

Regards
photoken
Mitglied

Beitrag von photoken »

bruce1951 hat geschrieben: Now that my v20 30 days testing has expired I would love a registration number for it so I can continue to use it. Possible?
Yes. Use the upgrade page on the Web site to purchase an upgrade, and mention in the order form that you need a Version 20 license.
Ken
BobNewhart
Mitglied

Beitrag von BobNewhart »

Greetings,

As a brand new user, the features I would have *LOVED* and would *LOVE* to have in a new version of Photoline are a complete user's manual that documents every function -- as it exists in the respective version of Photoline -- WITHOUT OMISSIONS, and function dialogs that are more complete, consistent, and well-thought-out.

BN

P.S. Best wishes with version 20 and beyond!