How would you put this together in PL?

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

How would you put this together in PL?

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58499804

"With a lot of patience" is NOT the answer I am looking for! LOL. Gawd -- this bloke walked around for an hour to get the images to close, before the PP even began. Awesome! :)

Cheers, Geoff
bkh
Betatester

Re: How would you put this together in PL?

Beitrag von bkh »

Create a layer stack from all the images, making sure that layers with the person closer to the image plane is on top of one with a person further behind. (This only matters if the persons overlap). Now you'll have to cut out the person on each photo. Since the background is the same for all images, you don't have to work very precisely except at the edges where it overlaps a person behind. I'd start by making rough cutouts first and then refine the cutouts where necessary.

Apart from this, it's important to get the photos right: make sure the light doesn't change and shoot fully manual. Also, soft light helps because otherwise you'll have to paint in the shadows cast by one person on the others. And of course, use a sturdy tripod. Camouflage helps here as well, I suppose.

Cheers

Burkhard.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Re: How would you put this together in PL?

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Thanks, Burkhard. I thought he must have done this -- good grief, what task! The stacking order -- yes, I hadn’t thought that through.

I was interested to see if someone would come up with some sort of automation, but I couldn't see how that could be. :P

Cheers, Geoff