dehaze -- nice if it was brush on too

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
greenmorpher
Mitglied

dehaze -- nice if it was brush on too

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

ACR has brush on dehaze. It would be a nice addition to the dehaze capability of PL. Useful when you want to pull up the clarity of stuff in the distance without affecting stuff that is nearer.

Cheers, Geoff
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: dehaze -- nice if it was brush on too

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

greenmorpher hat geschrieben:ACR has brush on dehaze. It would be a nice addition to the dehaze capability of PL. Useful when you want to pull up the clarity of stuff in the distance without affecting stuff that is nearer.
You can do to the result of Dehaze whatever you want. Dehaze is lossless and creates a correction layer with a layer mask. You can either edit the layer mask directly or add an additional layer mask.

Martin
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

I simply copy the layer. Apply DeHaze to the top layer and use the eraser to brush away those areas that I don't like/want.

regards
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Thank you, Martin and Bruce, for the prompt responses.

Goodness me, I knew it was a layer and therefore open to manipulation, but I was looking at the matter from the other end, i.e. applying it, not thinking about taking it away.

We old codgers can get a bit fixed focus in our thinking. :(

Cheers, Geoff
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Dang, now I m in a quandary. Just to try your technique, bruce, I tested it on one of my favorite early morning pix which had a nice bit of haze going.

Well, I thought it was a nice bit of haze. But when I dehazed,it looked BETTER!!! And when I removed the haze filter from half of it, it was quite clear that my former favorite was dull compared with what it ought to be. Sigh!

Anyway, the technique worked very nicely.

Cheers, Geoff
bruce1951
Mitglied

Beitrag von bruce1951 »

Greenmorpher I'm only too happy to help confuse you!!!! :?

Years of editing photos has taught me one thing. And that is that as soon as you think you have the answer along comes someone else with a 'better' idea. When you stop learning then you know you are in trouble.

regards