I used the v.20 invert mask/selection

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Martin Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: I used the v.20 invert mask/selection

Beitrag von Martin Huber »

bkh hat geschrieben:(I'd really love it if PL could use a MenuStructure file in the preferences.)
It should work, if you create a "Help" folder inside your preferences folder und copy your MenuStructure.txt into that folder.

Martin
bkh
Betatester

Beitrag von bkh »

Martin Huber hat geschrieben:
bkh hat geschrieben:(I'd really love it if PL could use a MenuStructure file in the preferences.)
It should work, if you create a "Help" folder inside your preferences folder und copy your MenuStructure.txt into that folder.
Great, thanks! That makes installing new versions a lot easier. (So far, I only tried to put the MenuStructure file directly into the PhotoLine preferences folder.)

Cheers

Burkhard.
greenmorpher
Mitglied

Beitrag von greenmorpher »

Whatever "solutions" are offered, simply adding an "Add Transparency" or "Add Visibility Mask" or whatever menu item at the top level of the layers menu is far and away the best thing to do.

Here's where it sits in the Canvas menus. And it's a BIG target. So easy. :P
Transparency.jpg
You might be bored out of your minds with my references to Canvas -- but it was and is a very good application that did and does a lot of stuff pretty remarkably right.

PhotoLine is also a very good application that does a lot of stuff pretty remarkably right often in a way that is parallel to Canvas ut it is more up to date and goes beyond Canvas in many respects -- and that's why I keep harping on about this little usability matter in the interface. It is like a small stone in my big shoe. It keeps irritating.

And each time this comes up, we have the heavy hitters chiming in saying it is unnecessary or would clutter up the menus or whatever, and there are workarounds.

Guys -- I am in AWE of your expertise and the stuff you can achieve with PL -- and even more in awe of the brothers who can envisage the need for the tools and then produce them to give you the power to do these things.

But the workarounds you offer are power user stuff. This is not about power users. This is about the lower end of users, who need to do some pretty simple things quite a lot of the time. And Transparency is one of the tools we need to be readily and simply accessible to do this stuff.

There is another matter; I have mentioned a couple of times that the target for activating transparency currently is very small. I’m getting old. Sight is not as good as it could be. Hand movements are not as precise as they used to be (partly due to being a pioneer DTP and graphics bloke on the original Mac with the lump of cheese mouse; buggered both arms). More and more users of PL will be like me as time goes on. Please make it a little easier for us.

Cheers, Geoff
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.