RawTherapee & PL crash

Here everybody can post his problems with PhotoLine
Stevod
Mitglied

RawTherapee & PL crash

Beitrag von Stevod »

I have successfully used Raw Therapee and PhotoLine together as a very powerful workflow for several years now. In particular, I love the Wavelets tool in RawTherapee for image-wide changes, followed by PhotoLine for masked enhancements. However, when I open PhotoLine directly from RT (using "Edit Current Image in external Editor"), 2/3 times Photoline will randomly close before opening the image, without an error message.

This has been consistently been the case for the last few versions of RT (both 4.2.x and current v5), and both 19.5x and 20 of PL, though it didn't happen with the versions when I originally started using this combination. Any idea what might have changed to cause this, or how I can debug things?

Thanks,
Stevod

ps. I'm using Windows 10 OS
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Re: RawTherapee & PL crash

Beitrag von Gerhard Huber »

I downloaded Raw Therapee 5.0 right now and tested this. Many transfers to PhotoLine 20.01 worked without any problems.
Do you have a special kind of images?
Stevod
Mitglied

Beitrag von Stevod »

Hi Gerhard,

They are all DNG RAW images from a Pentax KS-2, so they should be standard when they are passed as tifs to PhotoLine.

I've checked the Windows application logs, and nothing is added when the crash happens. I can't seem to attach an exmaple DNG to the forum, as it says invalid file extension.

It's possible it's specific to my laptop, but short of re-imaging, its difficult to know.

Stevod
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

Please send a test picture to support@pl32.com
Stevod
Mitglied

Beitrag von Stevod »

I've also opened a question here as well, as it's likely a hand-off problem between the two bits of software.

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/rt-and-photo ... ash/3181/4

Thanks,
David
Gerhard Huber
Entwickler
Entwickler

I think there is a problem in PhotoLine. We will try to fix it.
Stevod
Mitglied

Beitrag von Stevod »

Hi Gerhard.

Thanks for looking at this so quickly. I can confirm that the beta update that you sent me seems to have resolved the crash problem - all my files now seem to open successfully in PL. I imagine you will roll that into the next production release?

Once again, thanks for being so responsive to PL user concerns.

Stevod